Thanks for posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jta View Post

The way it is now is distracting in a long thread and is likely to lead to cliques and even possible bullying.
    ( in the voice of Ron and Ron)

We is da long leasehold crew.

If you Diss uz, we will forfeit ya.

And you wouldn't like dat.

Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
      I believe the ‘Thanks’ utility is very configurable, and Joe has enabled the most common features as a starting point. Perhaps if we can reach a consensus of opinion in this thread on how it could best be used, then the options may be tuned to satisfy the majority.
      Well I'd opt for the option to click on who thanked, to keep the flow of the thread and not broken by additional info
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

I agree - so you only see it if you want to?
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Yes. I'd also like to see the number of people who had thanked it but only if I click on it do I see *who* thanked it.

Comment

I have taken your feedback and tried to address most of the changes you have suggested.

I have removed the extra information that appeared in your profiles and 'post boxes' under your location, post count etc...

Made it so that just the thanks count appears under any thanked post and added the option to show/hide the list of who has thanked and have tried to integrate it in such a way that it provides as little distraction as possible whilst still doing its job.

If you have any further feedback, suggestions etc... then please feel free to post in this thread or PM me directly.

Comment

That's much better, thanks Joe
              I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Although I am usualy outspoken, and did object to the "Thanks" layout for reasons stated, I too must thank Joe, who is under a lot of pressure from members and advertisers and has taken on board members suggestions.

Although I and a few more seem to always be "Slagging off" the team at Landlordzone, for not listening, but when you do listen, then we thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for the "Thanks" button and the resultant clean lines you have produced. No doubt it will be tweeked in future, and I now have no objections to the thanks button and resultant clean pages.

R.a.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
                  was it really a problem to add extra characters?
                  No!

you can simply pad it out with white text!

Comment

The white text padding trick is very old, and doesn’t work on many forums where people have the option for different display themes. I have no objection to people padding out short replies that way if they want to but just padding out with full stops is a lot easier.
                    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                      just the thanks count appears under any thanked post and added the option to show/hide the list of who has thanked and have tried to integrate it in such a way that it provides as little distraction as possible whilst still doing its job.

If you have any further feedback, suggestions etc... then please feel free to post in this thread or PM me directly.
                      Maybe it's only me, but where it no says "Thanks: " the number is actually way too small for me to see without blowing up the screen resolution!

Comment

Yes its a bit tiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                          I have removed the extra information that appeared in your profiles and 'post boxes' under your location, post count etc...

Made it so that just the thanks count appears under any thanked post and added the option to show/hide the list of who has thanked and have tried to integrate it in such a way that it provides as little distraction as possible whilst still doing its job.
                          The 'thanks' thing really doesn't bother me one way or the other but I am curious.... as far as I can see, all that happens now is that if someone clicks the "Thanks" button, then the "Thanks: " counter below the post increments by one, in an unreadably small font. There's apparently no way to see who's done the thanking on that post, how many time a specific poster has been thanked, or how many thanks he/she has doled out.

Is it not, therefore, er, a little pointless?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X