Recs or thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recs or thanks

One feature I feel is missing from these excellent Landlordzone forums is the ability to recommend or thank a post. I know the topic has been considered in the past but I wonder if it could be again?

In forums that I visit elsewhere, the "rec" feature is a great way of seeing which posts others agree with. When many views are being expressed, a number of Recs (or thanks) is a great indication that someone has said something either wise, or funny or otherwise generally worth reading.

It doesnt cheapen the experience - it enhances it. Please for instance have a look at http://boards.fool.co.uk/
    IANAL (I am not a lawyer). Anything I say here is just an opinion, so should not be relied upon! Always check your facts with a professional who really knows their onions.

There is a way to 'star' a post....not sure how you do it though!
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Yes - just tried it - it's at the top of the thread "rate this thread" but only allows you to comment on the whole discussion rather than individual posts. Some of the longer threads might start off good but then change over time. It would be great to highlight any individual gems from within a thread.
      IANAL (I am not a lawyer). Anything I say here is just an opinion, so should not be relied upon! Always check your facts with a professional who really knows their onions.

Comment

I think it was promised after the "MTG spring" a few years back....

We just get noisy adverts and pop ups ( followed by flash has crashed) instead
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr View Post
          Yes - just tried it - it's at the top of the thread "rate this thread" but only allows you to comment on the whole discussion rather than individual posts. Some of the longer threads might start off good but then change over time. It would be great to highlight any individual gems from within a thread.
          Yeah - bit like the well-intentioned "stickifying" of the thread " L's right of access for inspection or viewing?" in the main forum: that thread is no over 300 posts long, and apart from posts #1 and #2 from Lawcruncher, is consequently useless as a resource to consult, despite containing a lot of valuable info.

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
          I think it was promised after the "MTG spring" a few years back
          Does the vbulletin software used to run this site support it though? Anyone seen it in use elsewhere on a vbulletin site?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
            Yeah - bit like the well-intentioned "stickifying" of the thread " L's right of access for inspection or viewing?" in the main forum: that thread is no over 300 posts long, and apart from posts #1 and #2 from Lawcruncher, is consequently useless as a resource to consult, despite containing a lot of valuable info.

Does the vbulletin software used to run this site support it though? Anyone seen it in use elsewhere on a vbulletin site?
            Seems to be able to do everything that the owners want..................
            Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

I got a PM back from Joe (admin) who says he thinks it's a great idea and will look into it and try to implement it ASAP.

Comment

The team have been busy implementing the new 'Thank' system and we should now all have the ability to 'Thank' a post.

As with any new addition to an already complex system there may be teething problems so please keep this in mind when using the new feature. If you do come across any problems or notice something that's not quite working then please let us know and we will do our best to get it sorted.

As it stands we have set the maximum thanks per day to 10 and new users will be required to have a minimum post count of 1 in order to thank a post.

Below a thanked post will appear a small box that should list the first 10 people to like that post, once this level is reached the remaining attributions of thanks will appear something like this - "8 other people liked this post." This should help keep pages clean and not extend them to much.

For now the number of thanked posts and posts you have thanked are displayed on your user details section that appears on the top right of every post you make as well as showing in your profile pages. Not sure if this looks a little messy but hopefully we can decide between us whether to display this info or not.

That's about all there is to say for now but as mentioned earlier please let us know if you experience any problems or have any suggestions or feedback about the new feature, drop Joe a PM and he will be happy to assist.

Comment

Well done Joe!
                  I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X