Whats In a Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats In a Name?

Names have been a family talking point in the last week or so.

A grand niece or cousin or something, a little poppet with big brown eyes with a smile and hug for everyone, even lampposts, has discovered vowels and consonants.

I have tried to get her to combine her “P and B”s with her” oo and umms” to make poo and bum….

At some point however she has seen the animal channel and taken a liking to dolphins and mimics their cries. Loudly, and in public, and then dissolves into a fit of giggles.

I have been told that I have upset her mum by referring to her as “flipper”, so I can’t wait until she says poo or bum…..

With the bad weather the cats have popped out to “maintain the garden” and return either drenched or stars of “attack of the giant hair-dryer” which is making them grumpy especially Miranda, who is most vocal. She often walks through a room grumbling or meowing to herself, our own little feline bag lady.

Neither of them like using the litter box and are quite subdued if they do and prefer to go outside, but have in the biblical rain have opted for the box. It is in a tiled area to deal with mishaps but the experiment with the automatic air freshener came to an end after a visit coincided with the “pfft”, leading to a howl, fit of sneezes, upturned litter box, and wet paws all round.

Resolving to use the garden come what may it is Miranda’s first snow free February and she has taken to the snowdrops. She stalks them, then bats them and runs away, or lies under them.

“Mum” watches her in amazement and then looks at me as if to say “ See? Adopted” and walks away, disappointed with her adoptee.

The girls have decided that Miranda be renamed “Snowdrop” as it is “so cute”.

I might not be embarrassed to take out a toddler called flipper who shrieks and giggles or says poo and bum, but I am not taking a cat to the vet if she is called Snowdrop.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Neither of them like using the litter box and are quite subdued if they do and prefer to go outside, but have in the biblical rain have opted for the box. It is in a tiled area to deal with mishaps but the experiment with the automatic air freshener came to an end after a visit coincided with the “pfft”, leading to a howl, fit of sneezes, upturned litter box, and wet paws all round.
    The usual preference of ours is to stand inside the box and drop the offering over the side. That way, when he does all the post-poo scratching around 'burying' the non-existent turd, there's no risk of accidentally dirtying his paws.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X