You are in the Mood For Christmas when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    when shining up your balls, mist them with pepper dissolved in distilled water. once sniffed the felines stay away.

you know its close to xmas when.......you are bored of mince pies.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    We have that problem some years. The solution is to banish one of the older children to a cold, distant part of the house. They take up a disproportionate amount of room, I find.

Could you not put the tree in the garden so you can see it when you look out of the window?

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    I'm not buying a tree. There's not much room in my house. I've too much paperwork in piles about the place - all these S21s and MCOL files.

I put some baubles up on threads from the light to the walls. But my elder son is so tall he bumps his head on them so he's pushed them all to one end of the thread and I now have clumps of baubles.

Also, I've got several cats (but one less than a couple of days ago ) and they always claw the baubles off the tree.

I've been looking for a 1/4 tree (ie 1/4 going up not across!) that can be put in a corner. I can't find one. Surely I can't be the only person with no room for a tree.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Wookie
    replied
    The present Mrs Wookie is off work today. We've not yet put up the decorations (OK, we're a little humbuggy). She's offered to put up the decorations before I get home.
    Why does it cause me concern that her parting words when I got in the car were, "where's the hammer?"

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    ...You leave it until now to buy a tree. The only ones you can find cost £42, your budget is £30 and the Scroogey man on the market won't reduce them (even though nobody else is buying them now except you). So you set off home disappointed, then see that the garden centre has even nicer ones reduced from £45 to £25!

You get home, dig the decorations out of the loft, especially the drunken-prostitute-fairy-with-the-lop-sided -smile and the three-legged camel (made by children when small), pour a glass of red wine and set to decorating it.

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    started a topic You are in the Mood For Christmas when......

You are in the Mood For Christmas when......

When the Xmas muzak is no longer annoying and you start to hum along

What gets you in the mood ?
    ( careful there may be junioir landlords reading this!)

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X