You are in the Mood For Christmas when......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. 1 Daughter home from uni, and full of the joys of Christmas, just put on "The Best Christmas CD In The World... Ever" to echo round the house; immediately followed by a POP as the whole house electrics tripped off. "RESULT!" I didn't shout; but I was strongly tempted to claim that it was going to take me several hours to sort out.

(FYI, the cause was No. 1 Daughter having dunked the electric kettle in the sink before switching it on. How has she survived living away from home for 4 years, I ask myself?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post

(FYI, the cause was No. 1 Daughter having dunked the electric kettle in the sink before switching it on. How has she survived living away from home for 4 years, I ask myself?)
      We must introduce her to our Son 2, who has been known to put an electric kettle on the gas ring before now...and despite all instruction to the contrary, insists on turning on the gas poker (to light a coal fire) before lighting the match...with resultant mini-explosion once he gets round to putting match to gas jet...he has nearly parted company with his eyebrows more than once this holiday, but doesn't learn. If he ever has to answer his phone in the crucial match-gas interim, we're all doomed to be blown to kingdom come.

I now know why my instinctive reaction when our student Ts asked for an open fire in the lounge was 'You must be joking'. That said, I was lighting coal fires (apparently without incident) and filling hot water bottles with from boiling kettles, when I was 6. Are children more cosseted, or just more stupid these days?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

They have never been the same since we stopped putting them up chimneys and banned regular beatings.

Can I suggest an Xmas gift - a peizo electric lighter for the gas poker? One in either hand should be manageable.

I'd disconnect the gas poker and let him freeze until he learns.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

You can track Santa on-line

http://www.noradsanta.org/

and here

http://www.google.co.uk/santatracker...cker/dashboard

Happy Crimbo ......
          Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
            our Son 2, who has been known to put an electric kettle on the gas ring before now...and despite all instruction to the contrary, insists on turning on the gas poker (to light a coal fire) before lighting the match...with resultant mini-explosion once he gets round to putting match to gas jet...he has nearly parted company with his eyebrows more than once this holiday, but doesn't learn. If he ever has to answer his phone in the crucial match-gas interim, we're all doomed to be blown to kingdom come.
            I blame the mother. Poor teaching.
            I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
              I blame the mother. Poor teaching.
              What a scene in A & E with son, sans eyebrows and a cartoon blackened face and stand up hair, being cared for as Mother is dragged away by the Police while insisting that she was "only teaching him a lesson".
              Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X