Leaving Landlord Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Landlord Zone

I am sad to say that from today I will rarely be seen on Landlord Zone. I can't get into residential questions, apart from the last question posted, and I can't get into documents.

I'd like to thank everyone for their friendship and support.

Everything on Landlord Zone is working as normal for me. The site was only flakey for a couple of days.

Have you cleared your caches, re-freshed your browser etc.?

Have you tried a different browser?

Comment

can't get into residential questions

the current link is : -

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ting-Questions
      Try clicking on this link instead, to see if it works.

Documents -- see if above works first

Comment

I'm the same, can't get into the residential questions other than newest posts and the link above just comes up error 404 not found. It seems a shame to lose someone who knows what they are talking about though!

Comment

Link
          http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Residential-Letting-Questions

Works fine for me, but I have cleared everything on my computer, and
          I seem to be the most violent complainer on here about upgrades.

I have even cleaned up my registry and defragmented the registry.
          Also checked for malware, viruses etc etc.

A badly written programme CAN leave nasty stuff on your computer
          and no amount of defrags, and cleaning will get rid of it.

I belong to a car club, which was hijacked, and even after doing ALL
          that has been previously recommended on here, it still comes up
          with the hijacked add for steroids ! on IE and web page
          originaly opened with IE while it was hijacked.
          But if i open with Mozilla firefox, I have no problem ! !!
          ( cos did not open with firefox whensite was hijacked.)

Comment

This should work

Add a question mark at the end of the link -- likethis

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ting-Questions?

( I just remebered this )
            Now I can get to the car club page on IE if I add ?

BUT llzone wont include the ? in the link on this page
            so copy below, and prefix www.
            landlordzone.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Residential-Letting-Questions?
            Last edited by ram; 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM. Reason: re-written

Comment

I'm also getting the "404" error for the Residential Lettings sub-forum. I'm now viewing the site only through "new posts", which is annoying to say the least.

However, ram's link in the post above works and I can get into Residential Lettings as normal. I have saved it to my favourites. Thanks ram!

Comment

Sorry ram, but both these links don't work for me, I get the 404 error.

However, I'm very glad to know that it's not just me.

thanks hch

Comment

Mrs Mug - I don't know what a cache is, but I've re-freshed and tried a different browser. To no avail.

Comment

See the link below.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browse...lear-cache.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
                      I am sad to say that from today I will rarely be seen on Landlord Zone. I can't get into residential questions, apart from the last question posted, and I can't get into documents.

I'd like to thank everyone for their friendship and support.
                      Oh no don't go- sure thats a song!

this may sound daft but

1 have you emailed Tom or a webmaster at LLZ?

2 try creating a new user name eg "next time I'll get a real car"...

but seriously worth a try you can use your current email address
                      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by emwithme View Post
                        I'm also getting the "404" error for the Residential Lettings sub-forum. I'm now viewing the site only through "new posts", which is annoying to say the least.
                        I've been having exactly the same problem and it's been driving me nuts. Unfortunately in my case ram's question mark trick hasn't helped. It's nothing to do with a cache problem either, as if I go to the LLZ home page I get it in the god-awful vbulletin v5 shell, but with the newsfeeds actually up to date.

However, if I borrow a computer, and log in there, I have no problems.

But - STOP PRESS - as of this evening, finally the link to the residential lettings subforum is actually working again for me, for the first time since the upgrade fiasco (home page still stuffed though). Makes no sense to me at all!

Comment

There are a number of points where data can be cached between LLZ and the PC, your ISP equipment may well cache data for several days.
                          I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
                            There are a number of points where data can be cached between LLZ and the PC, your ISP equipment may well cache data for several days.
                            Correct.
                            try, in the address bar, removing the www. ( include the full stop aswell )
                            That some times forces a new download, as does the "?"

A few more days may see "some" normality.

Comment

Yes, there are a number of ways to force an ISP cache to fetch new data from the source, unfortunately some of the meaner ISPs who don’t want the cost of transferring data over the backbone block cache refresh requests.
                              I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X