Frozen Windscreen Washer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a make of pattern wipers that you are happy with?
    Can't fathom out where your description of the problem is.

If the O.E.M. part looks different / sticks / then it may be wrong
    part.

When you refer to wiper, do you mean you bought a new wiper
    blade ( with the rubber blade on ) or a new arm.

Sometimes, dependant on the fittings, if replacement wiper blade,
    if the arm is steel where you connect the blade to, can "grow" with
    rust and a quick rub down may ease the problem.

Mabe the "fittings" are slightly different between years of cars ?

Without seeing problem first hand, it's always difficult to diagnose

Comment

Thanks RAM. I think you may be on to something, as the right hand side wiper fitting is slightly different to the left hand side one.

Flaming Citroen garage asked for my reg number, before bringing out those wipers can you believe?

I have now ordered a Bosch one from Halfords.

Comment

chaps keep it simple.

Take off new wiper head thats the bit excluding the arm, clean up the fixing.

Put some news paper on the wind screen, spray the wiper with wd 4o or similar, and give it a good poke in and out, leave it, then repeat.

Wipe dry, remove newspaper, and wash all in warm soapy water and test windscreen wiper.

If in doubt buy the manufacturers kit not the equivalent. Also check the motor mount is bolted down tight.

And if still doesnt work I am sure there are several major supermarkets that have Horses they can't get rid of
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Thanks LHA. I always prefer to buy the manufacturer's kit also. I went to the main dealer, and paid over £60 for three wipers, and still have a problem. Surely, you don't mean to put WD40 on the rubber, do you?

Comment

LHA explained that, use newspaper on the screen and wash well before refitting. However, rather than WD40 why not try neat washing up liquid? Just spray it around all the bits and see if the problem goes away, it would only be temporary but would enable you to pin the problem down.

Is it a C5? Designs for the wipers changed on these a few years back, that's why they wanted your registration number to check the parts were the right ones. Virtually all cars today are registered against their own numbers in order to facilitate ordering of parts and making sure they are the right ones for that model.
            I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Thanks JTA. You guess correctly. It is a 2006 C5.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X