Someone Kick Me - Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Glad to help ;-) Thought you were going off-line any ways up. You're procrastinating... :-) I'm just being a smug git - mine was submitted by accountant about last October I think.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Dottie View Post
      I'm just being a smug git - mine was submitted by accountant about last October I think.
      I'll raise you.

      My accountant submitted mine in August.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Dottie View Post
        Glad to help ;-) Thought you were going off-line any ways up. You're procrastinating... :-) I'm just being a smug git - mine was submitted by accountant about last October I think.
        I know - this is a great trait of mine! Definitely going off line now - Looks like I am about to firm up with Stephen who you recommended to me. I am definitely logging off now to start on my return and I shall spend all day tomorrow in the dining room - much warmer than the garage, to finish off.

        Thanks again Dottie :-)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
          I'll raise you.

          My accountant submitted mine in August.
          :-) They like to get some in early to allow for the January (c)rush no doubt... ;-)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Claymore View Post
            Looks like I am about to firm up with Stephen who you recommended to me.
            He's very patient you know, but there are limits poor guy!! :-)

            Comment


            • #21
              I got into a panic a few times when the HMRC online system for inputting kept crashing so do it a bit earlier now.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                What - you invite him into your home and let let him rummage through your filing cabinet to find all the bits of paper he needs?
                No, I have an old cardboard box that anything like that gets thrown in. I 'guess' it's a kind of filing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I got a new accountant this year, as my old one retired. The new one asked to see my system for keeping track of the receipts for my decorating business. I think he was hoping for a whizzy loooking Excel spreadsheet, but what he got was a piece of wood with a spike set into it. It works perfectly.

                  Plus, if I had to update an Excel spreadsheet every time I bought a piece of sandpaper or a tube of caulk, I would never get any decorating done.
                  'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                    what he got was a piece of wood with a spike set into it. It works perfectly.
                    we advise all our clients in the building trade to do this but none of them listen, you should hear my staff cursing at the nonsense the public give us

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Peter Pan View Post
                      we advise all our clients in the building trade to do this but none of them listen, you should hear my staff cursing at the nonsense the public give us
                      And your role is...?
                      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've done it, I've finally done it! Just clicked the 'send' button on my on-line assessment so I can now ponder over the forums guilt free :-)

                        For future tax years, I have an accountant lined up.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Claymore View Post
                          I've done it, I've finally done it! Just clicked the 'send' button on my on-line assessment so I can now ponder over the forums guilt free :-)

                          For future tax years, I have an accountant lined up.
                          But have you paid any tax owing, and any payment on account for next year? Deadline is tomorrow.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                            But have you paid any tax owing, and any payment on account for next year? Deadline is tomorrow.
                            All sorted - it's time to relax :-)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Well done! Cheers and hic?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                What are they due today??

                                Just joking all done at 20.29pm tonight

                                Birth Taxes & Death the only thing that involves me exclusively.
                                Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

                                Comment

                                Latest Activity

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X