Coincidences ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidences ......

Just thought I'd share a coincidence in my family.

Some 70 ish years ago my Aunty E has a daughter (cousin M). 7 years later to the day Aunty E gives birth to twin girls D & A.

Yesterday was my 40th (eurgh) and cousin M's son W has had a baby boy his girlfriend's name is the same as my daughter.

Any other families have siblings/cousins share the same birthday ?

Maybe we could party share 80yr/40yr LOL.
    I'm a good tenant with great landlords
    I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Happy 40th Brb!

My husband proposed to me on the same date that our son would be born on 15 years later. My parents were married on my dad 's birthday and my daughter was married on ours. Our other son was born on my his great gran's birthday, exactly 100 years later.

Our saddest family coincidence is that my dad died on our daughter's 16 th birthday.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Happy 40th Brb!

My husband proposed to me on the same date that our son would be born on 15 years later. My parents were married on my dad 's birthday and my daughter was married on ours. Our other son was born on my his great gran's birthday, exactly 100 years later.

Our saddest family coincidence is that my dad died on our daughter's 16 th birthday.
      Thank you MTG.

That is cute that your son was born on same day as proposal. I married on the anniversary of my Mum's first wedding to my Step-Dad (she married him twice).

Very sad that your Dad passed on your daughter's 16th we always think of them but it must be especially hard on what is meant to be a happy day for you and your family x

Comment

I had a coincidence this week. Five years ago, my lovely Scottish next door neighbours moved to a different part of town. I have only seen them two or three times since then while out shopping. I was in bed on Wednesday night thinking what lovely neighbours I used to have. Amazingly I saw the wife out shopping yesterday morning, and we had a little chat.

I often seem to think about people just before I hear from them. Maybe memory works forwards as well as backwards.

Comment

Happy birthday to a fellow Goat and 40th - it's the new 27

I prefer to say I am XX351 days old and have a bit of cake every day.

As to coincidence- there are 3 (unrelated)people who have been important in my life, all share a birthday, and are all left handed.

I won 5 numbers on the lottery on my birthday.
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
            I had a coincidence this week. Five years ago, my lovely Scottish next door neighbours moved to a different part of town. I have only seen them two or three times since then while out shopping. I was in bed on Wednesday night thinking what lovely neighbours I used to have. Amazingly I saw the wife out shopping yesterday morning, and we had a little chat.

I often seem to think about people just before I hear from them. Maybe memory works forwards as well as backwards.
            I experience this too. An ex-neighbour popped to mind as I was parking up the other night as I used to joke with him that when we shared a drive I didn't know if it was easier to have his car there to aim for or not. Following day I bumped into him in the pharmacy. Haven't seen him for about 6 years.

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
            Happy birthday to a fellow Goat and 40th - it's the new 27

I prefer to say I am XX351 days old and have a bit of cake every day.

As to coincidence- there are 3 (unrelated)people who have been important in my life, all share a birthday, and are all left handed.

I won 5 numbers on the lottery on my birthday.
            Thank you fellow goat how I wish it was 27!

I can only dream of a lottery win, I should stop playing it really.

I bought myself a smart phone to celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brb View Post
              I'm always dreaming about what I'm going to spend my lottery winnings on. I don't even do the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
                I'm always dreaming about what I'm going to spend my lottery winnings on. I don't even do the lottery.
                Well I guess if you know ppl that do the lottery then you could still come in for a windfall ? LOL I have a circle of ppl who I know we'd see each other right

If I won £150K I'd buy this place.

If I won £1M - £3M I would tart this place up (new kitchen/bathroom/decorate throughout) as a present to LLs and then go on to buy the new posh pad.

If I won £4M+ I would buy the home I work at (we're in administration).

Can you tell I think of a lottery win often ? (I also have day dreams that I'm invisible/can stop time LMAO).

Comment

If I won £4M+ I would buy the home I work at (we're in administration).

Can you tell I think of a lottery win often ? (I also have day dreams that I'm invisible/can stop time LMAO).
                  In lieu of wages, are we sampling from the medications cupboard?
                  Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
                    In lieu of wages, are we sampling from the medications cupboard?
                    I don't require meds to be weird around the edges.

Comment

Have you heard that from September, the price of a lottery ticket is being raised to £2 each?

Now's the time to start weaning yourself off them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
                        Have you heard that from September, the price of a lottery ticket is being raised to £2 each?

Now's the time to start weaning yourself off them.
                        :O No I hadn't heard that!. Shall have to amend my weekly play to 1 line a week. I play via DD and am e-mailed if I win (which is not often and usually only £10).

I check my e-mail headers Sunday mornings before work and if I see "Exciting news about you lottery ticket" I leave it until I get home so that I can spend the day hoping LOL.

Something has to give us tenants hope because I doubt a Mr 'Rich but Lovely' Brb is in my future (still need to divorce Mr 'Wet Lettuce' Brb anywho).

Comment

I used to know a lad who always bought two tickets, both with the same numbers. His theory was that most jackpot winners had to share their winnings with another lucky winner with the same numbers, so they shared half of the jackpot each. If he had two tickets, he'd get two thirds of the jackpot instead. He insisted that the chances of winning were so slim already that the extra expense would, one day, be worth it.
                          I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

I expect you all heard the one about the Jewish guy praying in the Synagogue:

He says, 'Please God, once again this week I didn't win the lottery. Can you please find it in your heart for me to win next week?'

A voice comes down from heaven saying, 'Meet me halfway! Buy a bl**dy ticket.'

Hope this doesn't break Landlordzone religious stereotyping rules, but I thought even Jeffrey might enjoy that one.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                            X