CD's are indestructible- yeah right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all those brass bands on every corner, they have ruined your hearing

Think of it as the difference in experience of say the new world symphony, hummed by every lad from the hovis factory, played on a Bosendorfer or Steinway Grand, or a Nan's rattly old upright in the parlour.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Give me Nan's rattly old upright any day - far more human! Though I do have to admit that the 1812 played really really loud via two Wharfedale Glendale speakers 9 inches apart on the floor with my head providing filling for the sandwich was a pretty cool experience...

wassat? someone say something...???

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
        It's all those brass bands on every corner, they have ruined your hearing

Think of it as the difference in experience of say the new world symphony, hummed by every lad from the hovis factory, played on a Bosendorfer or Steinway Grand, or a Nan's rattly old upright in the parlour.
        Why do the makers of pianos get capital letters, when the title of the music or the bread manufacturer don't? Go on, let's hear it.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Why do the makers of pianos get capital letters, when the title of the music or the bread manufacturer don't? Go on, let's hear it.
          You are right I originally typed as usual in lower case and started to tidy up and then probably did some real work.

I started, but I didn't finish or check my work.
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
            You are right I originally typed as usual in lower case and started to tidy up and then probably did some real work.

I started, but I didn't finish or check my work.
            How true. How can the punctuation police justify get so worked up about an informal part of the site. We all have day jobs (well, most of us) and a quick off the cuff comment is exactly that. Hence my 24 hour self imposed ban yesterday when I upset someone earlier on this thread.
            On other posts, where accuracy is important, you can see the excellent work of the experienced.
            I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Wookie View Post
              How true. How can the punctuation police justify get so worked up about an informal part of the site.
              Oh don't mind it, it's just irritable poster syndrome, caused no doubt by a lack of fibre and noise- they should eat more Hovis ask the brass bands to stop playing LOL.

There is a difference between having a little fun with other's typos and "no fun duh mentalists". I am not sure if any site has been able to draw that line!

Comment

How true. How can the punctuation police justify get so worked up about an informal part of the site. We all have day jobs (well, most of us) and a quick off the cuff comment is exactly that. Hence my 24 hour self imposed ban yesterday when I upset someone earlier on this thread.
                On other posts, where accuracy is important, you can see the excellent work of the experienced.
                How can the Tone Police fail so miserably, more like!

It wasn't a police raid, just gentle poke in the ribs, which LHA took with very good grace.

His punctuation, expression and grammar are coming on brilliantly under my tutelage - please don't discourage him!

And I wasn't irritated or even irritable. I was just curious.
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Hence my 24 hour self imposed ban yesterday when I upset someone earlier on this thread.
                  I hope you're not referring to me as the upset party..........t'would take a lot more than that to upset me.
                  I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

You'll never get me to get rid of my gramaphone...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit.. The future ahead.
                      andybenw
                      Whether you voted remain, or leave. Leave won the day.

Whether mainly by racists/bigots or not. Leave won the day.

Some moot that leaving the EU may be thwarted by parliament. Theresa May is holding up EU citizens in UK as bargaining chips.

Rather than...
                      07-07-2016, 06:18 AM
                    • Reply to Brexit.. The future ahead.
                      JK0
                      If voting changed anything, it would be illegal.

23-07-2017, 08:00 AM
                    • Unconscious humour from posters
                      jta
                      It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
                      01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
                    • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                      tatemono
                      that's a very clever washing machine....
                      22-07-2017, 11:47 AM
                    • Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
                      Gordon999
                      The Daily Mail Newspaper ( 19 July 2017 ) reported " the ice served by some leading fast food chains in their soft drinks is contaminated by faecal bacteria, it has been revealed "

The contamination is likely to have occurred because the ice or ice-making machines have been...
                      20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
                    • Reply to Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
                      mind the gap
                      Faecal contaminants in ice cubes are probably the least of your problems in fast food outlets. If you knew what goes into some of the food you would not touch it, let alone eat it.
                      21-07-2017, 22:25 PM
                    • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                      JK0
                      Is your landlord a Vampire?...
                      21-07-2017, 18:14 PM
                      jpkeates
                      Freezing bacteria doesn't often kill them, cooking them has a better kill rate.
                      Essentially, people need to wash their hands properly and they don't.

You're meant to wash them while you sing happy birthday twice (slowly) so you do it long enough.
                      21-07-2017, 08:38 AM
                      Gordon999
                      And its also the same hands which handle the burgers etc.
                      20-07-2017, 20:56 PM
                      emwithme
                      I worked in McDonalds and various pubs while doing my A Levels/taking my gap year.

I still eat in McDonalds (and drink in various pubs, although not the ones I worked in!).

I DO NOT have ice in drinks anywhere (except home, and I wash the ice trays frequently!) All I can...
                      20-07-2017, 20:27 PM
                    Working...
                    X