• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    How about Perdita?
    Now that's an outstanding suggestion, thank you

I'll be the bear, where is that Exit !
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Update

We were worried that there would be a paternity suit LOL, but we have paid for a rescue cat from a local sanctuary and there are some happy kids.

I think there is some checking and vetting to do to see if they are suitable, but I leave that up to them.

Eyes were open yesterday morning for little Miranda, but "mum" is getting tetchier but that's all about the litter tray. When feeding Miranda on Thursday I took the Cat down by the scruff, she wasn't happy, and plonked her in the garden.

After a few minutes she was a lot happier, and I got head rub for a sorry. She had a quick cat bath while keeping a watchful eye on Mrs LHA feeding Miranda. Peace and equilibrium restored.

She has grown and her fur ( baby fur?) is changing already and like many babies has a pair of lungs which she isn't afraid to use
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Well Miranda is up and about and very well, still nursing as it will be a few weeks until she is weaned to solids. It's hilarious seeing the Cat wander through with a ball of fur in her mouth and you wonder if its a bird or owl. I'll never forget the day she stunned a crow and tried to drag it through the cat flap. And it woke up !

M has been introduced to various spots, the radiators, and sunny nooks, and has been entrusted to both of us for a while, so she can go to do her business or a spot of bullying or general pacing around and dropping on things.

She had learnt to push closed the door to the cupboard where the incubator was while she went off, but then got cross when paws can't turn the knob ( she learnt how to do handles a long time ago) but with a little coaxing reverted to dropping her off once M had got over the immediate threat when she was fading a bit.

A fox wandered up the window and the Cat went mad, not just being protective but was fighting to get out and take on the brute. "strong the mothering instinct in this one is" as youngest LHA said.

The only sad news is that a neighbour walking in the woods with his dog found that M is the only survivor of the litter.

I have a lot of photos and Youngest LHA has promised to put them on flicker or something as I refuse to have to put all my information on a website for a few pictures..

Comment

I am cheered. Well done.

I hope you've made a scrapbook about her biological parents to show Miranda when she starts asking about them
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I have had a cat bed nearby, under a desk lamp for a little local heat, with a big orange Garfield for Miranda to snuggle while the Cat is bothering spiders or trying to catch the Windows icon or my pen ink on paper. This morning she actually managed to stand up and took two paws steps out the bed, and fell over. She tried again and amongst much mewling and a little help, managed to totter around for a bit on the table and looked at the mouse lead like it was food.

We played for a short while until she did a big cat yawn and plopped down asleep. I popped her back but couldn't get my hand out as she had wrapped herself around it. The Cat had been watching from the clerestory window all this time and arrived and took over snuggling duties. She gave me a head rub and purr first, and I am not sure if it was thank you or "Oi- I'm jealous".

Comment

We have to have a photo!
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Mrs W. used to pop next door to feed the neighbours cats when they were on holiday. They left loads of fur balls all over their house. When the neighbour's returned, they told us it wasn't fur balls, it was the husband's hair they had brought in from the garden. You see before he left, the husband had shaved his head in the garden and the cat's had found the hair, and brought it into the house.
                To know how rich you are, count the things you have which money can't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by wilfred View Post
                  Mrs W. used to pop next door to feed the neighbours cats when they were on holiday. They left loads of fur balls all over their house. When the neighbour's returned, they told us it wasn't fur balls, it was the husband's hair they had brought in from the garden. You see before he left, the husband had shaved his head in the garden and the cat's had found the hair, and brought it into the house.
                  Pretty revolting, either way!

Comment

LHA, how did your cat get on with feeding the kitten? Did you need to bottle feed her at all?

Comment

So we now have a ball of furry fury.

She has started walking and chasing around and hasn't learnt that when you leave carpet, hard floors don't have traction and your little claws can't dig in.

There have been quite a few squeals followed by thumps as she has hit skirtings. She got lost on the stairs which are 12 foot high with a dog leg and couldn't get her bearings.

All laces on shoes have been declared evil and must be eaten and the Christmas trees have been turned into prison camps at ground level.

Scratching of claws on furniture has been dealt with by a cuff or nip from Mum and being dragged over to the scratching post.

And youngest has had to check her Ugg boots for visitors!

She is now on kitten food and feeding is being discouraged, but the use of the litter box is also being discouraged. I was in the utility room when M was picked up and carted out to the garden and you could almost see the " you expect me to what ?????!!!!!"

Being forced to walk back over wet grass didn't go down well either.

She is well and truly out of the blissful world of a warm Mum and sleep and eat and sleep and eat.

It's a good job I have a big lap to fit two snuggling cats competing with Mrs LHA. She said she married me because I am a warm person, I didn't realise she meant that even in winter I am never cold.

Who needs central heating.

PS youngest has been given a verbal warning about not setting up an anonymous photo page.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X