Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK0
    replied
    Hi All, I have been helping a young tenant with serious mould and damp issues. We did everything right,
    This is in Wales. She has little choice for the hanging of washing as it's a flat and there's no external ventilation in the kitchen or bathroom for a tumber dryer. That said, the cost is prohibitive anyway as the landlord did not supply any white goods.
    People's cognitive dissonance between cause and effect never ceases to amaze me.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    I would happily grant access and remove the drawers for them
    Taking your drawers off is one way of granting access.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Help understanding HMO licensing in ....
    Probably not the only one to be confused by a councils "guidance".

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    He has said to me in text messages and to friends he would pay for the damages (of which I have screenshotted and same with others) however now as the tendency is ending he is not willing to pay and wants it to fall onto the security deposit and as its a joint deposit it would basically be both of us paying for it.
    Has he broken many things, then?

Leave a comment:

• Turbine Terry
    replied
    Terry Turbine Quote "I find tenants with pets often make the best tenants - they are lower maintenance tenants and so seem to not moan about silly little things, like a missing front door"

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Struth. Turbine Terry's tenants are really chilled.
    It is said (presumably by very clever and funny people) that if you need to explain a joke, it can’t be funny. A point I fully accept here! However, in saying that tenants with pets are “lower maintenance tenants and so seem to not moan about silly little things, like a missing front door”, I was trying to be ironically funny when making my point. The irony being in me stating the opposite of what would be the expected and commonly held view - that is, that a missing front door is of course not a silly little thing. It appears you thought I had made a typo and I had missed off the final word relating to something that could be missing from a front door, that was not crucial , e.g “……a missing front door knocker/letter box/trim etc”. I actually now prefer your humour from taking my comment at face value, so can we all please pretend that it was a typo after all. At least then I am getting a laugh (albeit at, not with, me: but I will take any form of laugh now 😊)

Or, it could have been a typo all along and I have just invented the ‘irony’ angle in a desperate and needy attempt to add an exciting twist and appear clever. I will never say which it really was, and I will take the answer to my grave*

You may have noticed (or, as is now seemingly more likely, maybe not 😉) that I like to try and sprinkle a little very dry humour into many of my posts, and I fully appreciate (especially now! ) that that ‘humour’ does not always hit the mark. I hang my head in shame. Unfortunately for forum users this just means I need more practice and must try harder 😊

*Sadly, it was originally meant ironically, not a typo.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied

Today she told me that probate had not yet been applied for. This has put back completion by several weeks. Has a tort been committed?
    Yes. She's 'tort' you to take anything an estate agent says with a pinch of salt.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied

I get the feeling that as soon as you even question someone about it, they’ll get the hump and laugh a grievance or just leave.
    Many a true word?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Lodger stole property
    How did they manage that? Brick by brick?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    If not, can I leave earlier than break in clause because of unexpected event?
    Only if you've been unexpectedly broken in to.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    The lodger route is easiest option-make sure you meet ,interview and heck the lodger.
    Yeah, give him hell!

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Untidy tenancy implications
    Most of my tenants are untidy.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    We signed an agreement on a house in another city after my husband viewed it. It was dirty
    I think I know whose fault it is then.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    .. the landlord had a rye smile.
    Must have been at the Whiskey.
    (Yes, spelt with an 'e').

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    given as they are violation of the ‘quit enjoyment’ clause
    If there was such a clause, surely you did not expect to enjoy it?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Too much wailing?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X