X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nukecad
    replied
    overage due
    Are you sure? They keep putting the pension age up.

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Regardless of what tenancy agreement states, inbuilt appliances are landlord responsibility
    Why are you suddenly speaking in t'Yorkshire?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    today I was sticking newspaper around the large bedroom,
    Well it's cheaper than wallpaper, but I think that's taking recycling a bit far.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I am trying to move house. We're a family of 7, 2 adults and 5 kids. The amount of places that have maximum occupancy of 5 is so disappointing.

I'm wondering, is there any problem with lying about how many kids we have? Would the landlord ever find out?
    Simple. Just show up with the 3, then when they come to inspect, say you just adopted the other two.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    .. if done carefully it should be invivisible,
    Help my phones spellchecker has developed a stutter!

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    This is our personal nail,
    Everyone should have a place to hang their hat.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I "tested" the toilet several times after fitting and because it's one of these modern ones (concealed cistern), the flush is indeed weaker than your traditional loo. Although it seemed up to the job when i used it those times.
    How big a 'job' did you give it?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    It's an electrican oven,
    I've known a few sparkys who could do with a good roasting.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Quoting out of context:
    .. notice to vacate the premises after 21 years.
    That's quite a long notice period, even for covid times.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    ... go to another lawyer to do it and send here the bill.
    Argh no, we don't want it here.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Hi, this is more of an info post that I hope will save people some time. I came across a boiler comparison tool on Warmzilla that helped me to find the right boiler by comparing them against each other. I don't have a clue about boilers so it really helped me to get an idea of what was available, hope it helps someone else.

They also have a survey where you answer some questions about your property and they'll recommend boilers to suit the requirements.
    But what if I'm happy with my old boiler? Don't let her hear you call her that, though.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    It'll be some crappy plumbing work hidden behind boxing, won't it? See what I found in one of my flats: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...gles-to-repair
    Just realised what an appropriate word 'crappy' was in this case.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    At another place
    I own a flat in a building that has one number but 3 flats. Each flat has its own council tax bad.
    Agreed, Council tax bad!

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    We allowed 3 dogs and were told they would be housed outside and they intended to build a kennel. This hadn’t happened,
    I'm amazed anyone still believes a tenant when they say something like this.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Who should dispose of old matters from furnished property, myself or landlord ?
    What matters are you arguing about?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X