Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nukecad
    replied
    The whole review-based system is not geared for someone libelled to pursue the matter
    They could always try to sue for defamation of character.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    A lot of tenants have practical skills that are going to waste while they are renting.
    My tenant's aren't, unfortunately. https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...is-a-handy-man

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Schedule 18 Part !! of the Rent Act 1977
    That most be a good part to deserve the double exclamation.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...-is-this-legal

(Yeah. But no. But, yeah, but no but yeah.)

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Don't keep putting sushi down it then, surely?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Carpet Damage Zero Deposit Guarantee
    Ah, if only there was someone who could guarantee zero damage or deposits, on your carpet.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    I would be asking the plumbing why the pressure keeps dropping
    Would that be a voicepipe?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Not at any times without the licence in writing of the Lessor first obtained nor except (if such licence shall be granted) in accordance with plans and specifications previously approved by the Lessor an to the Lessor's reasonable satisfaction to make any alterations or apture in the plan external construction hight walls timbers elevations or architectural appearance thereof nor to cut or remove the main walls or timbers of the Demised Premises nor to do or suffer in or upon the Demised Premises any wilful or voluntary waste or spoil nor to carry out or permit to be carried out any alterations or additions to or disconnections from the general plumbing system and/or any conduits connected thereto nor to remove any of the Lessor's fixtures and

The above is the only clause where electricity/wiring is mentioned as far as the Lessee's covenant is concerned.
    No, it mentions plumbing!

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Hello

If a property is sold with tenants, is it possible to take them out?
    Yeah, but you'll be done for murder.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    If the lease says the tank may sub-let,
    Must be an aggressive neighbourhood.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    My husband and I just purchased a property in a bee development.
    Never heard that term, is it some kind of buzzword?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Obviously there was a kitchen nanny bathroom before, but the new ones are improvements.
    This sounds like a very upmarket rental. Imagine having space for a nanny, never mind one dedicated to the time the children are in the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    .. recently left burn mark on the kitchen countertop. The mark isn't noticeable at all ..
    Homes (stet) and the case of the invisible burn mark.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    My T. paid the MCOL judgement. I wonder what what a message “a bar was put in place for Mr Xxx mean.
    He'll be boozing from home.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Not even one? That is bad.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Brexit
    by islandgirl
    Used this for a while for a relative - and you can also get a 3 month one if you can't afford the year
    06-05-2021, 12:51 PM
  • Brexit
    by craig2222
    I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
    30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by jpkeates
    A bit off topic, but for anyone taking regular medication and is under 60, it's possible to buy a prescription pre-payment certificate, which costs £108.10 for 12 months of all the medication you normally pay £9.35 a pop for.
    If you take more than one type of medication it's a real saving -...
    06-05-2021, 11:45 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by boletus
    I'm surprised to be in agreement with you Art.

Probably the best decision at the time.

But how to redress the balance?

Winter Fuel Payment for mansion owners? Bus passes for Bentley owners? State pension freeze? Free (for all) prescriptions? Scrap...
    05-05-2021, 18:00 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by theartfullodger
    Interesting you seem to suggest NHS usage is a "benefit". (I'd not argue with you..)

Being aged 73, I object to be described as the "weakest in society": The e.g. poor, the sick, the homeless, the abused, the downtrodden I'd consider some or most, sadly for them, usually...
    05-05-2021, 15:38 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by boletus
    Class 1 NIC's are compulsory. I'll certainly be drawing the state pension when I can but I could and have made far better investments elsewhere....
    05-05-2021, 14:41 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by an0nymous
    Then why didn't you? The state pension isn't forced on you....
    05-05-2021, 14:25 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by boletus
    Only if they didn't invest it (and monitor it to make sure it's keeping on track).

If I'd invested all the money I've had to pay into state pensions, I'd be buying a Bentley at retirement age, not claiming a free bus pass....
    05-05-2021, 13:47 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by an0nymous
    This is especially true, given that if they DID pay into a pot just for them, then by the time they're old, the money is worthless....
    05-05-2021, 12:16 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    by an0nymous
    You'd still get your pension because younger people are paying for it. If there wasn't "younger people" then you wouldn't get it. Even with private pensions, they can't really last past the 22nd century when the global population is set to decline. Private pension rely on growth, and when...
    05-05-2021, 12:14 PM
Working...
X