X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

3.1415926, isn't it?

Comment

What, even those who rent and live in squalor?
      The place wasn't squalid when I rented it to them.

Comment

It is offer sad that we’ll meaning persons.....
        Reset that autocorect.

Comment

Could a pre-existing House subject to a Life tenancy come with MEES???
          Were there Meeses there previously?

Comment

Theresa May deserves a huge amount of credit for negotiating a withdrawal deal
            Err, I think you'll find she just signed what was put in front of her, JPK.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
              Err, I think you'll find she just signed what was put in front of her, JPK.
              She got quite a lot more than the EU wanted her to have.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post

A friend of mine is an organist and has a large organ.

This is from a thread involved with measuring space in accommodation. Anyone remember Benny Hill?

Comment

the rest of my homer address is correct
                  742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield, USA.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                    She got quite a lot more than the EU wanted her to have.
                    Because the EU wanted to give her jack sh*t?

Comment

Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
                      Blue passports, Rat for lunch.
                      Aye, that's glasgae

Comment

I suspect the fun extractor hasn’t been doing its job for years
                        Is that a euphamism for the landlord?

Comment

Poor confused American kids. See video:

'What do we want? Climate Change! When do we want it? Now!'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-for-the-cause

Comment

The LL should be claiming from the previous tenant.
                            'But you let me have a cat. You might have guessed the cat would pee on the floor, so it's fair wear & tear.'

Comment

Finally, you really do need to get it in to your head that 'retainers' are not "scared of life outside the EU
                              I believe butlers are popular in the USA.

Comment

I have a flat that I rent out that has a “tested with tenant” FireAngel ST 750T smoke alarm
                                Is 'tested with tenant' a marketing slogan of the makers, or do you mean your tenant has not succeeded in disabling it yet?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit
                                  craig2222
                                  I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
                                  30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  I don't personally see anything wrong with the EU notion of free movement.
                                  You're free to move to work anywhere, and, provided you're employed, you're entitled to all of the same benefits as a national of the country you're working in.
                                  If you're not employed, your right to reside elapses...
                                  17-10-2019, 08:48 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  islandgirl
                                  OK so Ram you have tempted me very briefly back in. People used to come and work here BEFORE we joined the EU on work visas. They would come for farm work (family experience of this) from not only the EU but across the world. Getting labour if it is needed is not a problem. The difference is that on...
                                  17-10-2019, 08:36 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  ram
                                  sorry, not correct. But time restrains prevent me from disproving your argument.
                                  But whatever anyone writes on here will NOT change how the treasonous Government screw us.[/SIZE]...
                                  17-10-2019, 08:18 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  The flaw in that argument is that there is currently negative unemployment in the UK.

There are thousands of unfilled jobs, 50,000 in the NHS alone (mostly for non medical positions) and the number of unemployed people is so low that its made up of people who can't or won't work (plus the...
                                  17-10-2019, 07:39 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  ram
                                  Well, the building sites will eventually have British workers on them ( more jobs for the indigenous people ).
                                  No more closing down of bus companies because they replaced bus drivers with foreigners who could not read road signs, which made them dangerous drivers ( look it up) so more jobs for...
                                  16-10-2019, 23:47 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  islandgirl
                                  Nope, not enough there to tempt me back!
                                  16-10-2019, 22:44 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  Macromia
                                  I'm for a future where the Uk's government, and the voting public in the UK, can directly influence our future and we retain as many freedoms as possible and have the best possible trade opportunities.

This means remaining in the EU.
                                  Leaving the EU really doesn't give the UK more...
                                  16-10-2019, 19:56 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  islandgirl
                                  I give up! You either get it or you don't. You are either for a future of our choice or a future of choices made by a super-expensive group of non- accountable bureaucrats. As I say, I give up. For now....
                                  16-10-2019, 19:20 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  Macromia
                                  So you'll know that many businesses have narrow profit margins and/or rely on deliveries being on time (both into and out of the business).
                                  Most businesses can cope with occasional interruptions in supply (e.g. a few days as a result of weather/strikes), although they may take a financial hit...
                                  16-10-2019, 18:01 PM
                                Working...
                                X