Unconscious humour from posters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ..infortunatley there are people out there who just want to make money off us through no win no fee solicitors
    Nobody likes the NWNF solicitors - But there is a very easy way to avoid them.

    If you had followed the law then nobody would be taking you to court in the first place.

    Comment


      Originally posted by nukecad View Post
      Nobody likes the NWNF solicitors - But there is a very easy way to avoid them.

      If you had followed the law then nobody would be taking you to court in the first place.
      Apart from the times when somebody fabricates false allegations against you!

      Comment


        Originally posted by KeepTheFaith View Post

        Apart from the times when somebody fabricates false allegations against you!
        So no case, no win, no fee.

        Comment


          Originally posted by nukecad View Post
          So no case, no win, no fee.
          If only that was how it worked.

          The reality is that, in many of these cases, the NWNF solicitors are relying on getting an 'out of court' settlement - even when their 'clients' don't have a justified claim in the first place.
          Defending against claims can cost a significant amount of time and money. Many claims are 'settled' because it is cheaper for the defendant to pay something out than to incur their own legal, and other, costs in a court case.

          Comment


            If someone receives a letter claiming vast amounts and can simply respond with the evidence that the regulations were satisfied, the claim will just go into the bin.

            I have never seen a post on this or other forums from a landlord being pursued by a no win no fee operation who had actually protected the deposit and the tenant was making something up.
            Has anyone else?
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

            Comment


              Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              If someone receives a letter claiming vast amounts and can simply respond with the evidence that the regulations were satisfied, the claim will just go into the bin.

              I have never seen a post on this or other forums from a landlord being pursued by a no win no fee operation who had actually protected the deposit and the tenant was making something up.
              Has anyone else?
              Yeah. Tenant claimed not to have received prescribed information, a couple of years ago. Don't you remember?

              Comment


                Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                Yeah. Tenant claimed not to have received prescribed information, a couple of years ago. Don't you remember?
                I don't remember, but I'm sure it happened.

                So the landlord gives evidence that it was

                Interestingly, the only person I (vauguely) know who's involved in no win no fee claims tells me that they don't take no PI claims any more - the level of proof, on the balance of probabilities, tends to favour the landlord in most cases.

                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

                Comment


                  This has been recommended by a surveyor and freeloader to pay.
                  Freeloaders don't usually pay for anything.

                  Comment


                    son buying a house (bless) found one on the cheap saying 50percent ownership - 'oooh does that mean there are other people walking about in the house as you only buy the half ??'

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by nukecad View Post

                      Freeloaders don't usually pay for anything.
                      That's the point of calling freeholders 'freeloaders', isn't it?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by areynolds View Post
                        Letting Agent Termination Without a Contract
                        So, you want them taken out but don't want to pay for it?

                        Comment


                          Notice under Section 21 for pre 201 tenancies
                          Your tenants must be very old.

                          Comment


                            ... unable to have a movable joist ...
                            That doesn't sound like a good idea anyway.

                            Comment


                              https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...mage-and-evict

                              I guess it's not so wise to let with 'LetWise'

                              Comment


                                Pleased to hear it. Even if he is awkward old beggar.

                                Comment

                                Latest Activity

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X