Unconscious humour from posters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you've destroyed the place or your landlord is a dick, it should be quite routine.
    Does it make a difference what the landlords name is?

Comment

..I have developed virile pneumonia
      Manly flu?

Comment

Tenants who are in arrears often don't landlord to tell them about problems, so if the roof it leaving, even if the ceiling falls down they don't tell you about it, because they are in arrears. They don't want the landlord there....
        More like they want some way of thwarting the s21, I think.

Comment

I requested for the windows to be opened for 10 minutes a day and condensation to be wiped of the windows. They refused this and told me they were experts with mould
          I guess they would be.

Comment

Tenant has caused substantial damage to our property and despite having a landlord policy with rent guarantee, legal cover and squatter’s eviction, the insurance company will not pay us anything, as we are not covered for malicious damage caused by the tenant.
            Another useful insurance policy?

Comment

Cannabis form
              What is the form suppose to do? Allow me to smoke the cannabis, make it legal?
              I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Comment

been in the property a few times over the last month for a couple of fixes and never smelt anything odd so not concerned. And I know what weed smells like both when smoked and when stored
                TBH I'd be more bothered about someone coming a few times and fixing up than someone smoking weed.

Comment

Rent reduction for dead mouse?
                  I don't think you should charge him any rent at all if he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post

I don't think you should charge him any rent at all if he's dead.
                    Could o/p offer to buy tenant a new mouse, and keep the rent the same?

Comment

1. The tenant has learning difficulties that makes it difficult for them to manage their finances.
                      2. They have a medical condition or mental health problems which would make it difficult for them to manage their finances.
                      3. They have serious difficulties with reading and writing.
                      4. They are unable to open a bank account or are severely overdrawn.
                      5. They have severe debt problems.
                      6. They are undischarged bankrupt.
                      7. They are dealing with addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling.
                      8. They have recently been released from prison.
                      Crikey, this guy sounds like a poor prospect for a tenant.

Comment

This is getting to be a good source of humor.

No issues with rodents when they moved in
                        But the tenant did sign as Mr M Mouse.

Comment

My guess is that even if they took legal advice before signing a tenancy agreement they'd not be properly advised.
                          That's why I rarely use a lawyer.

Comment

I am abit unsure what I put in for deposits on the pet AST
                            Poo & wee?

Comment

Our argument here is that evidently, even a professional carpet clean cannot lift all stains on a cream carpet.
                              Translation: Landlord should have guessed we'd be dirty b*ggars, and not put in a cream carpet.

Comment

I can't imagine why the s8 route exists at all if a landlord can't even use it to prevent further damage to the property.
                                Nor can I!

Though, nobody point that out to the government please, or they'll gleefully repeal Section 8 as obsolete.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Dog size chart for tenants idea
                                  Rewolf
                                  My statistics for the top 3 breeds, enquiring tenants have in West Yorkshire and can't rent anywhere - Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Rottweiler. German Shepherd.
                                  I personally don't accept pets but year after year I always get the same enquiries from different people; "he's only a small dog...
                                  04-09-2018, 08:15 AM
                                • Reply to Dog size chart for tenants idea
                                  JK0
                                  I can't imagine anyone voluntarily using that agreement now. With friends like them... eh? ...
                                  25-03-2019, 19:07 PM
                                  Lawcruncher
                                  I have had a look at the Act and cannot see anything in the list of "Consumer contract terms which may be regarded as unfair" which obviously applies. An important provision though is the one which says: "A term which has the object or effect of irrevocably binding the consumer to terms...
                                  25-03-2019, 12:51 PM
                                  dazwalsh
                                  Im pretty sure it was added to the unfair terms which comes under the consumer rights act 2015.

i know the RLA tenancy agreements were changed from no pets to “any request in wiriting for a pet will not be unreasonably refused.” or something along those lines....
                                  25-03-2019, 12:11 PM
                                • Brexit
                                  craig2222
                                  I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
                                  30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  Junker and Barnier haven't made any claims that the Britain needs to be in the EU to eat, breathe and have toilet paper.
                                  They have only ever pointed out that being in the EU benefits its members (which they would, they believe that being in the EU is better than not being in the EU - and they...
                                  25-03-2019, 10:34 AM
                                • Pilot Error
                                  JK0
                                  I bet you guys know what I mean by pilot error.

It's when your tenant calls you out saying something is faulty when they don't know how to use it. Today the lady who couldn't open her Washer Dryer a couple of months ago called to tell me that the heater in her spare room wasn't working....
                                  29-12-2015, 19:03 PM
                                • Reply to Pilot Error
                                  JK0
                                  My friend just phoned regarding the council tax...

He moved in 1st Feb, so should not have to pay any council tax until 1st April!
                                  25-03-2019, 10:21 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  islandgirl
                                  Junker and Barnier tell people that Britain needs to be in the EU in order to exist, eat, breathe and have enough toilet paper (oh and to avoid WW3) and you believe them! There really is no answer to anyone that naive, although at least even you admit that the EU has not been responsible for keeping...
                                  25-03-2019, 08:28 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  buzzard1994
                                  Our government tells people "everything will be fine " - and you believe them! There really is no answer to anyone that naive, although at least even you admit now that we may be without lettuce. My wife's Brexit lettuces are doing very nicely and we'll be able to start eating them soon. We...
                                  25-03-2019, 08:20 AM
                                Working...
                                X