Unconscious humour from posters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right.

Would you accept a soft (polystyrene) tile?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

C. Do nothing. After all, if the property isn't returned to you in the same state as when the teenage commenced (save for fair wear and tear), them the tenant is liable for all costs to reinstate?
      I try not to let to teenagers.

Comment

these tenants are on the larger end of the spectrum and are obviously going to wear the springs out faster than most.

I factor in a mattress lasting 5 years into the Big Plan
        Guess you didn't plan big enough.

Comment

Note that to get a private hire licence from TFL every driver has to be suggested to a full criminal check by TFL.
          But if it's only 'suggested', how many will actually have one?

Comment

It's a cockapoo - apparently they don't shed hair. Although I'm more bothered about the smell and the garden being left full of poop
            Hmm. I think the clue is in the name, isn't it?

Comment

So...the dog is homosexual?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                I'm typing this on my phone, as my computer lies in bits.
                Your computer may not be telling you the truth JK0, but I'm not sure you can criticise it for communicating in any other way.

Comment

Help need with Squatter!
                  Have you tried Senokot?

Comment

had to look that one up!

Comment

Bury as a rental investment?
                      Buying a graveyard? Now that's what I call long term tenants.

Comment

in my experience the OP won't win. All three of the deposit schemes seem to require absolute proof of deliberate or negligent damage before they'll consider making an award in favour of the landlord.

The way some of the decisions I've seen have been written, you'd think they were a judge presiding over a murder case and they seem to treat it like beyond reasonable doubt rather than on the balance of probability
                        And yet still people go through this deposit nonsense?

Comment

If you inspected after, say, 3 months and saw what they were doing you would have been aware and possibly able to serve notice subsequently before any mould had formed.
                          Ha ha. My tenants are crafty beggars. They clear all the wet washing away when they know I'm going round.

Comment

let's hope they are crafty enough to clear all the mould away too on subsequent inspections. Problem sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by tatemono View Post
                              let's hope they are crafty enough to clear all the mould away too on subsequent inspections. Problem sorted!
                              Sadly not. I get the blame for that for renting them a 'damp' flat.

Comment

I wonder how she would be able to prove she was the only tenant with an AST that had two people listed? Or maybe councils don't check these things...
                                Ah, they only check for that if you are a white, middle class male. (Guess how I know.)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unconscious humour from posters
                                  jta
                                  It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
                                  01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
                                • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                                  JK0
                                  Is that a euphamism for the landlord? ...
                                  20-09-2019, 16:27 PM
                                • Brexit
                                  craig2222
                                  I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
                                  30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  Macromia
                                  Far from it.
                                  Withdrawing from the EU at all is not in the best interests of the UK, but if we are going to do so (despite the fact that there are no clear benefits from leaving - at least, none that 'leave' supporters seem able to provide and justify) leaving with a withdrawal deal in place, like...
                                  20-09-2019, 14:08 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  But Argentina didn't go bankrupt in the sense that a company did.
                                  Argentina is still there, it recovered and has repaid most of the debt it initially defaulted on.

Again, Zimbabwe is currently restructuring its currency and debt.

Newspapers and other media talk about...
                                  20-09-2019, 12:05 PM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  ram

Sorry, you are wrong.
                                  I have already stated that Argentina went bankrupt, and people could not get their cash out of the banks.

Zimbabwe . In June 2019, the official inflation rate was 97.9%. Because the country is bankrupt.
                                  In June 2009, the rate of inflation
                                  20-09-2019, 11:33 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  I know that countries pay interest on their loans (I even mentioned that in my post - that the cost of borrowing varies with the situation the country finds itself in).

But the UK can't go out of business or become bankrupt like a company (and if it did start to wobble, the impact on the...
                                  20-09-2019, 10:58 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  ram

If you think that countries don't have to pay interest on their loans, then you are misguided.

The U.S.A. and U.K. have massive loans, with massive interest payments, which you and i are paying for.
                                  The government has no money themselves, as it's our money they take
                                  20-09-2019, 09:03 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  jpkeates
                                  Running a country is nothing like running a business.

Businesses come and go all the time, nations persist.
                                  Nations can live with perpetual debt and "trade" at a loss - the USA has a national debt of $22.5 trillion dollars.
                                  That can never be paid back - it's so well...
                                  20-09-2019, 08:19 AM
                                • Reply to Brexit
                                  nukecad
                                  That's if the Blue passports can make it across the channel, or is that the North Sea now that they are going to be printed in Poland?
                                  https://www.thefirstnews.com/article...in-poland-6592...
                                  20-09-2019, 00:46 AM
                                Working...
                                X