Unconscious humour from posters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing to do with choosing a human being at all.
    You need to check all 'aliens' have a right to rent.

Comment

I wonder if previous landlord had his deposit deductions disputed. Might be a cause for regret, if o/p wants a reference from him?
      Hi all, I am currently in the process of trying to find a new property, moving due to work. For the previous 2 years I have been renting with an agent, this agent

Comment

Originally posted by redcherry View Post
        Thank you everybody, the window is always on sun during the day. It doesn't look like new or near to it. I think it was there for a while. Anyway I am going to see the agency and see what they will tell and if needed will handle the cost of new glass.

Don't do this if it wasn't your fault as your landlord has no right to betterment

I suppose a window without a crack is 'better' than one with a crack.

Some people's logic, though?

Comment

What can they actually say against you since rent has been paid in full and all repairs reported?
          I've got some tenants like that. They won't be getting a reference from me, in view of their fussiness, and propensity to break things.

Comment

From another forum:

...we have god references...
            As long as it wasn't a minor deity then it doesn't get much better than that.

(Would the lack of a capital 'G' be a worry?)

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
              I would prob reject him on his misuse of English Grammar.
              but not capitalisation?

Comment

Fighting tenants
                Was I the only one to read this as the landlord was having to fight?

Comment

no... or that it was tenants who were employed as fighters of some sort...

Comment

so you ideally want something chordless.
                    How about an old piano with several duff keys?

Comment

Don't usually post here because I think it unfair when some posters wont have English as their first language and others are just poor typists - but I wouldnt want these tenants

"Anyway, to answer the OP, be honest, for all the reasons already posted above. Promise that you never smoke in the house and perhaps offer any potential new landlord a visit to your current property to show them how smoke-free it is and what contentious tenants you are."

Comment

{Mod - name removed} lying?!
                        Does this mean we can't trust the Moderators anymore?

Comment

Cambridge will be largely insulted
                          Are people making rude jokes about it, then?

Comment

I am a humid individual but...
                            Bit of a wet blanket?

Comment

I was always the legal landlord but always relied on my farther
                              I'm wondering if O/P hails from 'Zumerzet'.

Comment

I did my own investigation around the tenant and went and spoke to his previous two landlords. I found that he was kicked out from his previous place as they misbehaved with the landlady.
                                Was landlady kicked out also?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X