Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK0
    replied
    Pleased to hear it. Even if he is awkward old beggar.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...mage-and-evict

I guess it's not so wise to let with 'LetWise'

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    ... unable to have a movable joist ...
    That doesn't sound like a good idea anyway.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Notice under Section 21 for pre 201 tenancies
    Your tenants must be very old.

Leave a comment:

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by areynolds View Post
    Letting Agent Termination Without a Contract
    So, you want them taken out but don't want to pay for it?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by nukecad View Post

Freeloaders don't usually pay for anything.
    That's the point of calling freeholders 'freeloaders', isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• alice123
    replied
    son buying a house (bless) found one on the cheap saying 50percent ownership - 'oooh does that mean there are other people walking about in the house as you only buy the half ??'

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    This has been recommended by a surveyor and freeloader to pay.
    Freeloaders don't usually pay for anything.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Yeah. Tenant claimed not to have received prescribed information, a couple of years ago. Don't you remember?
    I don't remember, but I'm sure it happened.

So the landlord gives evidence that it was

Interestingly, the only person I (vauguely) know who's involved in no win no fee claims tells me that they don't take no PI claims any more - the level of proof, on the balance of probabilities, tends to favour the landlord in most cases.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    If someone receives a letter claiming vast amounts and can simply respond with the evidence that the regulations were satisfied, the claim will just go into the bin.

I have never seen a post on this or other forums from a landlord being pursued by a no win no fee operation who had actually protected the deposit and the tenant was making something up.
    Has anyone else?
    Yeah. Tenant claimed not to have received prescribed information, a couple of years ago. Don't you remember?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If someone receives a letter claiming vast amounts and can simply respond with the evidence that the regulations were satisfied, the claim will just go into the bin.

I have never seen a post on this or other forums from a landlord being pursued by a no win no fee operation who had actually protected the deposit and the tenant was making something up.
    Has anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• Macromia
    replied
    So no case, no win, no fee.
    If only that was how it worked.

The reality is that, in many of these cases, the NWNF solicitors are relying on getting an 'out of court' settlement - even when their 'clients' don't have a justified claim in the first place.
    Defending against claims can cost a significant amount of time and money. Many claims are 'settled' because it is cheaper for the defendant to pay something out than to incur their own legal, and other, costs in a court case.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Originally posted by KeepTheFaith View Post

Apart from the times when somebody fabricates false allegations against you!
    So no case, no win, no fee.

Leave a comment:

• KeepTheFaith
    replied
    Nobody likes the NWNF solicitors - But there is a very easy way to avoid them.

If you had followed the law then nobody would be taking you to court in the first place.
    Apart from the times when somebody fabricates false allegations against you!

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    ..infortunatley there are people out there who just want to make money off us through no win no fee solicitors
    Nobody likes the NWNF solicitors - But there is a very easy way to avoid them.

If you had followed the law then nobody would be taking you to court in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unconscious humour from posters
    jta
    It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
    01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
  • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
    JK0
    I believe butlers are popular in the USA. ...
    22-09-2019, 21:33 PM
  • Brexit
    craig2222
    I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
    30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    islandgirl
    I give up. Blind loyalty is a wonderful thing if you have it. Let us see what happens next....
    22-09-2019, 21:31 PM
  • Pilot Error
    JK0
    I bet you guys know what I mean by pilot error.

It's when your tenant calls you out saying something is faulty when they don't know how to use it. Today the lady who couldn't open her Washer Dryer a couple of months ago called to tell me that the heater in her spare room wasn't working....
    29-12-2015, 18:03 PM
  • Reply to Pilot Error
    JK0
    My friend's BMW is still at the garage, so he has been using his old Audi A6 automatic estate.

He rang me this afternoon: Could I give him a lift to pick up his wife from work, as the Audi was now playing up? The symptoms he described sounded like a binding handbrake, so I suggested I put...
    22-09-2019, 19:33 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    Macromia
    And the EU cannot leave the withdrawal agreement without the UK's permission - the arrangement works both ways.
    But, both the UK and the EU get to leave the withdrawal agreement once a more permanent trade deal of some type has been agreed (or if the transition period comes to an end without a...
    22-09-2019, 18:27 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    Kape65
    Looks like the government is on the verge of repatriating 150,000 holidaymakers over the next 48 hours and yet people seem to think they're not capable of putting food or medicine on the shelves after we leave the EU.
    22-09-2019, 17:53 PM
  • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
    JK0
    'But you let me have a cat. You might have guessed the cat would pee on the floor, so it's fair wear & tear.' ...
    22-09-2019, 11:33 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    jpkeates
    That's great.

Still no meaningful and definitive list of the proposed benefits anywhere.
    Even if only so that in, say, a decade, we can check to see if they've been achieved.

And, given that there are significant concerns about leaving (which aren't countered by labelling...
    21-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Working...
X