Rogue Trader is a rogue trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Trader is a rogue trader

I was amused to see the story of the motorcycle driver in the duo that present rogue traders for BBC watchdog.

For an number of years he has claimed housing benefit but did not declare his earnings while appearing in the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18867305

It got me thinking that a person who steals from his employer would not be re hired by them or in a similar role elsewhere, but at what point after punishment does redemption begin?

Is there an argument for a time served rogue trader being a good person to present it, 'atlo' "set a thief to catch a thief" ?

I was then told to eat my cereal in silence as it was far too early for thinking.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

I thought the audacity of his claim was hilarious. I can see how little Billy-bob working aprt time in the local pub can pull the wool over the benefit departments eyes, however this fellow was rather public in his work. Surely someone would have noticed.

"Is there an argument for a time served rogue trader being a good person to present it, 'atlo' "set a thief to catch a thief" ?". Well, Dominick Littlewood of the TV show Rogue Traders used to host a show with Michael Fraser, a convicted burglar, who showed how easy it was to break into folks premises, using his professional skills (time served, so to speak).
    I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

Its gets better he is a part time private investigator too!
      It feels a bit weird commenting on this as his twin daughters are actually in my sons class at school

I bet all the rogues he has shamed are rubbing their hands with glee, and may be frantically trying to find out where he will be serving his time!

I must say I don't think a jail term (thats costs lots of money)should be handed down for these crimes. Imo they should be handed a community sentence maybe rubbing down and painting park benches in the lovely Bournemouth gardens in all weathers is a more suitable punishment!

Comment

I agree that community service is a more appropriate punishment.

With regard to his 'PI' work, as he had minimal duties in front of the camera, I am guessing it was the PI skills that were useful to the 'Rogue Trader' team.

Comment

According to today's Mail, there are over a hundred other rogue traders working at the Beeb:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Comment

Originally posted by hollyhead View Post
            Imo they should be handed a community sentence maybe rubbing down and painting park benches in the lovely Bournemouth gardens in all weathers is a more suitable punishment!
            You cannot usefully rub down and paint anything outside when it's raining, windy or very cold. Total waste of time, energy and paint. Picking oakum would be more productive.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Perhaps bench painting " in all weathers" was to make it a punishment and being productive was incidental, not a requirement. It would I agree be a waste of paint.

Back on the motorcyclist Rogue Trader, youngest LHA adds "he should have kept his helmet on- what a Rodney*"

*She's is too polite to say plonker.
              Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Ha ha, tell youngest LHA that she is so right! obviously he liked what it did for his ego, bit of a waste of time as it is in shatters now.
                The only reason he got caught was because the local rag ran a story about him passing his pilots licence, and an eagle eyed benefits advisder noticed the strange surname was the same as one of the claimants! Bang to rights I think.
                Ok, maybe not painting benches perhaps picking doo poo and cleaning the public lavs

Comment

Boo hiss. I really quite liked him
                  I'm a good tenant with great landlords
                  I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X