They're here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back onto spooky things.

I have a long day of meetings tomorrow and was winding down, only to be spooked by a ghost train. It's one of the diesel repair trains that creep noisily along the track but having no lights on at all, and simply blot out the light around it. It sends a shiver down my spine, just as the image of a sinking ship does, but for no discernible reason.

Perhaps in past lives I met a sorry end on a train and a ship, but have yet, in any life, to be abducted by a UFO.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      Perhaps in past lives I met a sorry end on a train and a ship, but have yet, in any life, to be abducted by a UFO.
      I'm sure it can be arranged!

When would you like to go?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I am sure that I lived in Whitby in a previous life
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I died in a beetroot field in one past life... explained a lot in this one ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
            I am sure that I lived in Whitby in a previous life
            There are worse places to live.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              There are worse places to live.
              I once stopped in Whitby and had fish and chips. It was the second nicest fish and chips I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
                I once stopped in Whitby and had fish and chips. It was the second nicest fish and chips I have ever had.
                I can believe it. Where did you have the best F & C? Was it in Tynemouth? They make amazing ones there.

Comment

And the best?

I would not be able to say where the best F & C I ever had was, as most of the Chips I have eaten were while drunk after a rugby practice. The best that I can remember since those days were from Smithy's wine bar/eatery in Kings Cross.

I do remember a Chinese F & C/takeaway in Reigate that served salt with added chips
                  Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

I can believe it. Where did you have the best F & C? Was it in Tynemouth? They make amazing ones there.
                    Not Tynemouth, no. You won't believe it. I'll give you three guesses.

Comment

Your Mum's? Mum's make the best of everything BWL

A Fisherman to whom you are "the Friend" ?

Somewhere in Bethnal Green/Spitalfields ( a long time ago) as it is a Jewish concoction?

Comment

It could be in Javea, in Valencia, there is an excellent F&C shop there.
                        I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Thailand?
                          Paris?
                          Fuengirola?

Comment

Thailand?
                            Paris?
                            Fuengirola?
                            No.

Heathrow Airport.

Astonishing, but true.

I have though had some lovely fish in Thailand and Fuengirola served with chips, but that does not of course make it "fish'n'chips".

Comment

That I did not expect, but thinking about it, Heathrow did a Great British cooking event a couple of years ago. Perhaps that why they were so good.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X