Have You forgotten Something Mr Cameron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You forgotten Something Mr Cameron?

I read that he drove back to the Pub where she was being "looked after by locals".

It sparked my imagination to the reaction to a call to No10

" We have your daughter, Nancy"
    and the resulting arrival of the SAS

Forgotten child stories please !
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

I'll start with my youngest a cheery chatty and trusting soul, and the instincts of a labrador !

We exited an elevator in a car park in Brighton, and she asked those entering

" Hello I'm (name). We were shopping, where are you going?"

"The Beach" they said

" Wow, can I come?"

And stepped straight into the lift as the doors closed and it disappeared.

After much panic and exercise she was retrieved, just as they were about to call us.

The St Christopher's with name and contact details proved useful , so much for Mrs LHA's "they are little girls, not dogs".

Good job there weren't microchips back then....
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

How long have you got?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Not quite the same thing but...

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. 'Hello ?'

'Is your daddy home?' he asked.

'Yes,' whispered the small voice.
        May I talk with him?'

The child whispered, 'No .'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mommy there?' 'Yes'[/b]
        [b]

'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, 'No'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

'Yes,' whispered the child, 'a policeman.'

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

'No, he's busy,' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

'Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman,' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

'A helicopter' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.
        Again, whispering, the child answered,

'The search team just landed a helicopter'

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

'ME.'

Comment

I once went to the gym one Saturday morning, and took my infant son along; our usual routine was to leave him in the creche while I had a bit of a workout, then I would collected him and we'd go for a swim together. One morning for reasons I can't remember I didn't do the swimming bit, I went off somewhere and then went home. First thing my wife said was "Where's the baby"?; whereupon my jaw hit the floor and I went haring back to the creche...

Sixteen years later, I still haven't lived it down.
          "Do you remember the time when Dad..."

Comment

Makes you wonder why special branch officers who look after PM safety didn't notice the missing kid !

Hope the codes for our Nuclear bombs are not still in the pub
            Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Originally posted by 45002 View Post
              Makes you wonder why special branch officers who look after PM safety didn't notice the missing kid !
              Exactly what I was thinking. A bodyguard must have been sent back to deal with parking tickets...

Originally posted by 45002 View Post
              Hope the codes for our Nuclear bombs are not still in the pub
              Don't worry they are safe, at the White House.

Comment

I only picked up 2 out of 3 after school once - teacher rang me to ask "how many children do you have"?
                Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                  I only picked up 2 out of 3 after school once - teacher rang me to ask "how many children do you have"?
                  Sounds like a tesco's offer

It reminded me of that old Max Wall joke about a couple that break up;

"Goodbye Mother of 3"

"Goodbye father of 2"

Comment

One rainy Saturday in Kendal, my husband and I decided it would make for more efficient and enjoyable shopping to split up for an hour and take one or two of our children each (rather than both of us trailing round with all three).

It wasn't until we re-grouped an hour later that we discovered the smallest one (4) was missing - we both thought (wishfully?) that the other had volunteered to have him. We raced back to the shop where we had last had him, to find him sitting being fed hot chocolate and teacake by two concerned members of staff. Apparently he had told them he was an orphan. (When asked about this later he said he thought that's what you were called when your parents had gone away).

He also disappeared on a French campsite once, and was eventually found eating chocolate cake and telling some old ladies that he was six. They handed him back to us expressing concern that he was so small for his age. (He was in fact only three, but admitted he'd had said he was six because he 'didn't like being three').
                    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I took my scout troop on a camp to Brighton in a double decker bus, we had a day out in Brighton and when the time came to leave everybody was asked if they had their 'buddy' with them, the answer was yes so off back to the camp we went. An hour later a police car bounced across the field containing my own son. He had not even been missed by his tent mates.
                      I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

I got lost in a french supermarket when i was about 7 years old and went straight to the alcohol isle!! Stayed there until my dad found me after he'd gone up and down every isle. I just thought thats somewhere where they may be!!

Comment

We have been mostly lucky with the three girls, but that's partly about good behaviour, consequences when they didn't, and us corralling them, by one of us being at the back of the group and keeping them in check. It was that or a sheepdog.

Moons ago a former girlfriend's son caught sight of me in M & S and headed off and grabbed my leg saying "Uncle -pet name-". Mrs LHA looked shocked and said we can try for a son rather than my randomly abducting a child, before realising who he was.

I popped him up my shoulders and there he was giggling and calling out to "Mummy and Daddy" and how funny their red (panicked) faces were.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X