Out of the Mouths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the Mouths...

I've been up my scaffolding all week painting a house next to our local primary school. The nursery children play out all day and I've enjoyed hearing the teachers beginning to sound more and more like Joyce Greenfell as the mornings wore on...and some of the things the kids say have made me laugh...(and be glad that I never had to teach 4 year olds!)

Teacher : Emily and Samuel, will your hurry and clear the café away now, please

Samuel (indignantly) It's not a café. It's a wine bar.

(Too much Corrie, methinks!)

Liked this one too:

Child (tipping out box of plastic farm animals) : 'But I don't want to count them. I just want to play with them.'

I feel like that sometimes.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

I would have counted the sheep and gone to sleep "in class".
    I could blame the teacher for telling me to do it

I hopped on a bus between sites this week, only to have it stop and be invaded by a flock of nine year old's from a girls school.

You'd never think they would have so much to chatter about, and so loudly.

And everyone has to hate Emily, for a week. Sugar and spice and all things nice, mmm, right.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      I would have counted the sheep and gone to sleep "in class".
      I could blame the teacher for telling me to do it

I hopped on a bus between sites this week, only to have it stop and be invaded by a flock of nine year old's from a girls school.

You'd never think they would have so much to chatter about, and so loudly.

And everyone has to hate Emily, for a week. Sugar and spice and all things nice, mmm, right.
      Yeah, you can bet it was Emily who decided it was to be a wine bar - even though it Samuel who announced it!
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I asked my daughter the other night to pour me a glass of wine to be told I didn't need it.

Cheeky mare, she's in for a shock next time she wants chocolate!
        I'm a good tenant with great landlords
        I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X