Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholder64
    replied
    It's pretty clear that the subscriber list is being sold to spammers as, a well as the third party advertising with landlordzone.co.uk as the From address, I started getting a lot of property offers, particularly, for miraculous investments in apartment blocks in provincial towns, very soon after subscribing.

When my ISP was training their spam detector based on reports from users, I was putting all of the property ones that didn't come from landlordzone.co.uk directly in their report spam folder, and tolerating the the landlordzone ones, on the basis that they have to fund the site somehow.

Leave a comment:

• HankUK
    replied
    There is spam/junk mail related to this thread again. I too noticed the site landlordzone.net - which is where the links in the email go to, is some sort of marketing (junk email) server.

i really do not recall agreeing to junk email from these people.

I used the unsubscribe link since it doesn’t appear to be a scammer email abuser.

I’ll be exercising my GDPR rights if it happens again.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...nt.php?f=&a=18

Sounds more than fair & reasonable.. (this is a free site .. and greatly valued by me amongst many others I suspect...)

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    The url is http://landlordzone.net/login.php, to a log in page, which defaults to http://response.pure360.com/login.php?err+name+or+password+incorrect%22%3B} etc
    and Pure 360 are http://www.pure360.com/

Perhaps they do the mailing.....

You are right on the unsubscribe bit, that's why I made . net as untrusted and let Kaspersky Pure deal with it

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Bit it's coming from .net NOT .co.uk. .Net goes to a portal for Pure 360 an email marketing business.

I subsequently banned .net as untrusted....
    Well - landlordzone.COM is registered to Entwistle Partners Properties of Bury, Lancs
    (ie, that will be Tom Entwistle, the LLZ owner)

Landlordzone.CO.UK is registered to Parkmatic Publications Ltd of Bury, of which Tom is a director

Landlordzone.NET is also registered to Parkmatic - I don't know why LLZ sends out its mailshots under that domain name - I would have thought it counterproductive. As far as I can see the actual domain itself www.landlordzone.net isn't in use as a website and doesn't redirect to the .com site - odd. Some people's ISPs may direct non-available websites to odd locations, which may be why LHA ended up at "Pure 360". Personally, I just get a holding page from VirginMedia.

Here's LLZ's advertising "brochure" and its rate card, which states that for £570, LLZ will "send out a strictly limited number (max one per week - 3 per month) of solus mail ads on behalf of companies with property related products to our subscriber list of over 85,000 (Sept 2011)"

The emails carry an 'unsubscribe' link, and as the emails are kosher I assume that this will work. However, you'll lose the official LLZ newsletters and communications too, so I choose to receive (and instantly delete!) the ad emails.

Leave a comment:

• hollyhead
    replied
    I think i remember being warned by LZ that i would be recieving a few email like this every month, i can't remember why though,,, maybe something to do with money!!

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Quite easy to extract most email IDs from LLZ. Download the vCard from the profile....

Leave a comment:

• leaseholdanswers
    replied
    Bit it's coming from .net NOT .co.uk. .Net goes to a portal for Pure 360 an email marketing business.

I subsequently banned .net as untrusted....

Leave a comment:

• Chicco
    replied
    When i googled the name, it said they were an advertiser on LLZ though i was not too sure.

I am very wary about downloading programs and installing them.

You never know..

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Me too: Well, the website has a few spelling mistakes - always the mark of a quality operation. The company appears to be a £100-share operation.

Odd, I'd a vague recollection the name of the gentleman was of someone with a murky past..clearly I'm mistaken and I'm sure he's 100% genuine, honest & honourable...

Nope, I won't be taking up their kind offer...

Leave a comment:

• Darth Wookie
    replied
    I got one of these too. Only reason it didn't get automatically deleted is because I have LLZ as a 'trusted site'.
    I'd like it to remain that way if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Chicco
    started a topic Spam email from landlordzone.net?

Spam email from landlordzone.net?

Today an email received from LandlordZone, this is the only website that i use.

Spam or Genuine?

Dear Landlord,

Do you want to get better organised, boost cash-flow and minimise taxes in 2012?

If so, then experienced landlord, Amer Siddiq, from award winning landlord software site, Property Portfolio Software, has made available three *free* tools for you to download today.

These tools will help you to nail the biggestchallenges landlords face and are only available as free downloads for the next five days.

Go here to get them today: >> www.SPAM.co.uk/lz

Compliments of Amer Siddiq

www.SPAM.co.uk
    Links removed incase its advertising. If it is advertising, who sold my email address as me being a landlord.?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X