Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbour's dog urinate in front of our house

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this question does not fit to the purpose of this forum.

My family and the next door neighbour have not been on speaking term for a long time. In the last 6 months, we have noticed that her dog regularly urinates on the pavement in front of our house in the morning (at least 4-5 times a week). We have 3 children and the kids sometimes accidentially step on the urine when we take them to school in the mornings.

Myself and my wife are very upset as it is not good for the children, and I am sure she could educate the dog urinates at a tree or in front of her house. As we do not speak to them and the pavement in front of the house is not my private space, I am not sure if I have any right to tell her off.

I have been searching the internet to find any product which would put the dog off but I guess I cannot keep doing for long time.

Any suggestions would very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Wait for it to dry?!
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by year1970 View Post
      Hi,

I have been searching the internet to find any product which would put the dog off but I guess I cannot keep doing for long time.

Any suggestions would very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
      Why don't you just put a lawn sprinkler in your front garden? It would put the dog off and clean the pavement at the same time.
      I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Contact your local council and speak to the dog warden.

Comment

Apart from a shotgun to provide a permanant solution get yourself some strong cleaner such as detol and liberally douse the area. the dog is doing what comes naturally which is to reinforce his "area" to other dogs.
          Just have a go with strong cleaner along the whole of the area of the wall and be prepared to reinforce, particuarily after rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Watcher View Post
            get yourself some strong cleaner such as detol and liberally douse the area. the dog is doing what comes naturally which is to reinforce his "area" to other dogs.
            Just have a go with strong cleaner along the whole of the area of the wall and be prepared to reinforce, particuarily after rain.
            This is the stuff we use to deter the neighbours cats. I think we bought it in B&Q, also have a look in Wilkinson's.

http://www.stopcatsanddogs.co.uk/Get...500ml%29/5.htm

Comment

I take it this is a male dog marking its territory.

Where is it written that dog wee is not good for children? Answer could be - don't put your kid in it. It is not like it is dog poo - totally different matter. 1970 - have you nothing else to worry about?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

My point really was.. what do you expect the dog owner to do?? they cant really carry round a mop and bucket when they walk their dog can they?!

You could try calling dog warden, but I think they maybe as cynical as we are!
                [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by year1970 View Post
                  Hi,

Apologies in advance if this question does not fit to the purpose of this forum.
                  No, it doesn't, so why are you posting it on here?

Comment

A little brusque, Westminster. From other reasonable responses OP will have realised this is a Forum for LL/LA/T disputes, we rarely discuss neighbour disputes and OP has no control over the public highway (inc pavement) in front of OPs home. A dog's gotta do what a dog has to do, even dog walkers only have to pick up pet's poo not disinfect the area or mop up the pee.

Comment

Lie in wait for it and chuck cold water over it the second it starts to pee.

If that fails, catch it, return it to its owner and say you've heard the dogwarden is rounding up and destroying stray dogs, so perhaps they should keep it on their premises and not let it roam the pavements. If they ignore you and continue to let it out, report or even take it to the dog warden.

I don't think it's acceptable that it should be allowed to urinate on pavements, whether it's 'marking its territory' or not. It stinks. Marking your territory is only OK in the wild! If it's not OK for human to pee on pavements, why should it be OK for their pets?
                      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Tell them to force the dog to wee on the grassed area where it can soak away not walls or pavements where people have to walk in it.

Dogs if properly trained will do as they are told.
                        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Pee on the dog - that should put if off.
                          A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                          W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                            I don't think it's acceptable that it should be allowed to urinate on pavements, whether it's 'marking its territory' or not. It stinks. Marking your territory is only OK in the wild! If it's not OK for human to pee on pavements, why should it be OK for their pets?
                            Probably because they lack the cognitive capacity to know better? I think your answer number 2 is the best option personally..

Comment

Electronic repellers like these here might help;

http://www.pesthelp.co.uk/weshop/Cats___Dogs.asp
                              I also post as Moderator2 when moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X