Feeling charitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling charitable?

Apologies for this shameless hi-jacking of a forum by an interloper but it's for charidee...

Tomorrow, 18 September, I'll be setting off from my home near Leicester to cycle 900 miles to the Mediterranean. I plan to arrive near Montpellier 7 days later on Friday evening 24 September. As well as being a personal challenge, I also want to raise money for the Eve Appeal, a charity devoted to combating ovarian cancer. My sister was killed by that particularly pernicious cancer variant a few years back and every so often I do something like this in her memory.

The ride is solo, with no support vehicle, and I'm paying for everything myself. So that, if you want to donate, you can be assured that every penny will go to charity. Find out more at http://www.justgiving.com/mids2med2010
    If you're a Twitter devotee, follow me at @ericonabike for [almost] live commentary on my travels and travails.

All the very best, erica. Sounds like a fantastic endeavour.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      All the very best, erica. Sounds like a fantastic endeavour.
      Er, please clarify, is it Eric on a bike or Erica on a bike? Just that username reads Eric.
      To know how rich you are, count the things you have which money can't buy.

Comment

That's probably my fault! It does say eric, I agree. Too much teaching has made me dyslexic.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

That's probably my fault! It does say eric, I agree. Too much teaching has made me dyslexic
          Careful mtg, what with wrong gender names and wandering into the wrong toilets, it’s all becoming quite clear now. I don’t know, wanders never will cease.

Comment

Originally posted by wilfred View Post
            it’s all becoming quite clear now.
            Go on then, clear it up for us?

Comment

Go on then, clear it up for us?
              You need gently guiding by the hand - of course.

Comment

You need gently guiding by the hand - of course.
                Only if you can run faster than I can

Comment

Depends. Can you ride tandem?

Comment

Depends. Can you ride tandem?
                    Now that is a non-sequitur!

What has my ability to ride tandem have to do with your ability/inability to run faster than me?

Comment

What has my ability to ride tandem have to do with your ability/inability to run faster than me?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNnPrxzm3g ???

Comment

Now that is a non-sequitur!
                        Actually, 'tandem' connotes that person2 is very much a sequitor of person1! The Goodies had a what: triandem? tritondem? tertiandem?
                        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
                          However hard I concentrate, I cannot imagine wilfred as a PG Tips chimp.

Comment

Thank you mtg.
                            Though Mrs W. does say I monkey around a lot.

Comment

Have you said at some point you like your men little and fluffy

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X