Proof that Letting Agents are evil fiends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof that Letting Agents are evil fiends

If we assign numerical values (A = 1 and Z = 26) to “A letting agent - servants of Beelzebub” we arrive at a figure of 333. Once you have two agents you get 666 which is the Sign of the Beast. Need I say more?

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
    If we assign numerical values (A = 1 and Z = 26) to “A letting agent - servants of Beelzebub” we arrive at a figure of 333. Once you have two agents you get 666 which is the Sign of the Beast. Need I say more?
    I think it is prophetic and needs no amplification.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Phew, what a relief. I though at first glance that the thread suggested Letting Agents to be our friends...
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Phew, what a relief. I though at first glance that the thread suggested Letting Agents to be our friends...
        sits in a corner sucking her thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Springfields View Post
          sits in a corner sucking her thumb.
          Don't worry. I'm sure Lawcruncher didn't mean nice, kind, helpful letting agents like you, just big, greedy sharky ones. You are however something of an endangered species.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Darwin would have us believe that species evolve; right or wrong, he'd never met a Letting agent.
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Darwin would have us believe that species evolve; right or wrong, he'd never met a Letting agent.
              He was right. Evolution is a fact and not a theory. The theories are only concerned with the mechanism of evolution.

Comment

Evolution is a fact only so far as concerns survival of the fittest and adaptation to environment- not re anything changing species.

Comment

Evolution is a fact only so far as concerns survival of the fittest and adaptation to environment- not re anything changing species.
                  Well I have known people who have been born without:
                  a) an appendix
                  b) a coccyx

Therefore humans are a changing species, physically. But if Darwin believes we have all evolved from apes, why are there still apes around even today?
                  Plus, why are some men not hairy? And I'm not referring to those men who can afford the
                  wax, back, sack and crack treatment, or should I say endure that treatment.
                  To know how rich you are, count the things you have which money can't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by wilfred View Post
                    But if Darwin believes we have all evolved from apes, why are there still apes around even today?
                    Because both humans and the apes around today descend from a common ancestor.

Comment

Lawcruncher: You might believe yourself descended in the same way as apes, from a common ancestor; kindly don't include the rest of us.

Comment

Well I have known people who have been born without:
                        a) an appendix
                        b) a coccyx.
                        Therefore humans are a changing species, physically..
                        The fact that individuals are born with (or without) certain features (when most/all the rest of the population is different), means only that there has been a genetic mutation in their case. It is when whole populations acquire or lose features, (or more often, when features change e.g. become larger or smaller or vestigial, over thousands of years), that we can say they are evolving.
                        Plus, why are some men not hairy?
                        It may have been an adaptation to environment at some point in those men's ancestry, but there is in any case a range of genetically determined difference even within one species, e.g. eye colour, hair colour, height, sexuality, skin colour, and so on.

Comment

Lawcruncher: You might believe yourself descended in the same way as apes, from a common ancestor; kindly don't include the rest of us.
                          Please dont include me in your exclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_Solomon View Post
                            Please dont include me in your exclusion.
                            Nor me! And in any case, if Lawcruncher (along with most people who have considered the issue seriously), chooses to believe that all humans - including jeffrey - are descended from apes, then who is jeffrey to instruct him not to believe it? It is in any case more logical to believe either that all humans are, or are not (descended from other primates), than to believe that some are and some are not!

Comment

Er, I didn't say that he was not to believe it. As so often, you're putting words in my mouth; don't.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X