Written applause for Jeffrey- milestones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Can't be milestones, I imagine. There's probably an EU Edict re-naming them Kilometrestones. Or Kilometrekilogrammes.
    Penalty for non-compliance: to be made to read the EU Treaties until your brain explodes.
    Milecastles are more fun. They have unearthed Roman party invitations (on tablets) at one of the ones on Hadrian's Wall, with little messages like 'Wear that red toga, it's so sexy' and 'BYO' or similar.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Next milestone reached: I'm 19 000 today, you know...
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Next milestone reached: I'm 19 000 today, you know...
        I thought you were much older than that

Congratulations, anyway!

Am I still catching up? (I'm still looking for the mathematical formula I need to work it out!)
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Thank you! This is #20 000. A new millennium of posts beckons...
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Thank you! This is #20 000. A new millennium of posts beckons...
            Crikey, that came round fast. Congratulations - again.

You'd think...after 20,000 answers, they'd have run out of questions, wouldn't you?

But still they come...

Comment

I think Jeffrey should have his name in Gold for his sterling efforts.
              I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
                I think Jeffrey should have his name in Gold for his sterling efforts.
                No, don't give him ideas above his station. He's from Sheffield, remember!

Comment

Well done Jeffrey, you have helped a lot of people on here.Thanks

Comment

You're very generous with the number and quality of answers jeffrey. I appreciate them. I hope other members do too.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                      You're very generous with the number and quality of answers jeffrey. I appreciate them. I hope other members do too.
                      Some do. Others don't- and grumble that I can't spend more time gratuitously for their (undeserving) benefit. People, eh?

Comment

Some do. Others don't- and grumble that I can't spend more time gratuitously for their (undeserving) benefit. People, eh?
                        'T was ever thus, but keep up the good work anyway!

Comment

And you now seem somehow to have streaked past the 25,000 marker!

Well done. Next stop 100,000!

(You can stop streaking, by the way. Get dressed. Streaking is very unseemly )

Comment

Aha, I was wondering if anyone would notice.
                            You've made an old man very happy- he tells me.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                              Streaking is very unseemly.
                              So are some tights and stockings: unseamly.

Comment

Aha, I was wondering if anyone would notice.
                                You've made an old man very happy- he tells me.
                                I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting there!

I have contemplated a number of possibilities and come to the conclusion that you must have a split personality.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X