Odd news story of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your next trip to space don't forget your Paypal card (no.1 on Mars)!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/27/tech...html?hpt=hp_t3

Comment

For your next trip to space don't forget your Paypal card (no.1 on Mars)!

I used to love P****l until last month.

Then I ordered some template 'letters' which were advertised as a defence against speeding tickets. The only payment method was P****l. The link I received did not work, and my emails came back as undeliverable.

I raised a dispute with P****l, and was shocked that they found against me. I will only be using P****l for Ebay items in future, as at least they have a reasonable dispute process.

Now I will use my credit card. Anything that doesn't show up, I simply don't send the cash for.
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I used a prepaid bought from a shop credit card ( and more recenlty a more reputable one)for these purchases, the protections are the same and it doesn't affect your credit rating.

Sadly there are some bad apples on the internet. I bought 12 white t shirts that arrived with a green stain on each one, likely from unwashed green ones on the shelf next to them and had bled into them.

The company said "blame the courier" even though it was a fabric dye and they were sent in a plastic wrapped and undamaged package ! The card took the money back and I now have 12 unigue white t's with a "designer" green dye pattern on the side.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Burger !

Picture fail. Bah.
          Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Asiana Sues Over 'Racist' Names In TV Report

Check out the pilots' names:

http://news.sky.com/story/1115903/as...s-in-tv-report
            To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Unbelievable. But is it racist?
              I didn't get the third one though. Explanantion please?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                Love the windscreen creativity! :-)

Many many years ago. My second ever car was a Lada. A very solid car, never had engine problems. But one day, after work, I got onto the motorway, it started pouring with rain, but I mean "pouring", the kind where you can hardly see a meter in front of you and suddenly my windscreen wipers stopped working. I was on the motorway, I don't know how I did it, but I managed to find and drive to a nearby auto-shop. They fixed the wipers and off I went. But it was such a dangerous situation. Luckily my workplace at the time was in an industrial district and I hadn't gotten too far away hence being able to find an auto-shop. Had I broken down 5 mins later I don't know what would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird View Post
                  Unbelievable. But is it racist?
                  I didn't get the third one though. Explanantion please?

It is, as Father Ted might have said, "Holy Feck"

I guess its one hacked off intern tired of being sent for coffee and dry cleaning instead of learning
                  Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Not so much odd news, but shocking news

This poor man rang 999 three times asking for an ambulance but they wouldn't send one. I think I'll ring a taxi if they ever put me through this rigmarole:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...told-bath.html

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
                      It is, as Father Ted might have said, "Holy Feck"

I guess its one hacked off intern tired of being sent for coffee and dry cleaning instead of learning
                      Apologies. I meant the 4th one. I had gotten the 3rd one.
                      There's something wrong with my counting skills these days. Yesterday I counted 4 as 6.

What is the 4th one?

Comment

Valley fever: An incurable illness in the dust

This sounds awful. A British man caught it after only a month in Tuscon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23166839

Comment

Only in the USA ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23512853

4.1 Million dollars or The pound would be 2700210.80 !
                          Fed up with nitpickers and rivet counters...

Comment

How To Speak Northern

This tickled me:

Comment

How to deliver sand to the 4th floor when your ladder hardly reaches the 3rd floor.

Helpful video for landlords of 3rd floor flats:

Comment

HOW TO RIDE KURATAS - Suidobashi heavy industry

How to turn a little Japanese girl into Robo-cop:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X