'Castle' planning decision - mad or sane?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Castle' planning decision - mad or sane?

The owner of this 'castle' home is being required to demolish it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8495412.stm

Any views?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post

Any views?
    Yes panoramic apparently
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    W.Churchill

Comment

Too clever for his own good. The courts do not like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
        Yes panoramic apparently
        Can't be; I don't see any Dimbleby there.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

His planning and architectural skills seem well matched.

Comment

But his name says it all- what a fidler!
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Yeah, and just wait until the day comes when he has to pull it down.
              I can just see the headlines now,`Fidler on the Roof!'
              To know how rich you are, count the things you have which money can't buy.

Comment

I would move out and rent it to a group of single, pregnant, lesbian asylum seekers and see what effect that had on decision
                A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                W.Churchill

Comment

Perhaps he's suffering from Turrets' Syndrome?

Comment

Or, as it's a castle:
                    a. he could move it two squares along and jump his King over it; or
                    b. he hopes that it will rook the Local Planning Authority.

Comment

just the picture of the people involved made me think "pull it down" - they did themselves no favours, especiallly the lady in the very very low cut dress (meow)
                      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                        just the picture of the people involved made me think "pull it down" - they did themselves no favours, especiallly the lady in the very very low cut dress (meow)
                        Which lady in a low cut dress?
                        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

No, they're not turrets.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                            No, they're not turrets.

They might be when she is lying down.
                            W.Churchill

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urt-rules.html

And no, I am not a daily mail reader!
                              Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unconscious humour from posters
                                jta
                                It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
                                01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
                              • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                                tatemono
                                that's a very clever washing machine....
                                22-07-2017, 11:47 AM
                              • Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
                                Gordon999
                                The Daily Mail Newspaper ( 19 July 2017 ) reported " the ice served by some leading fast food chains in their soft drinks is contaminated by faecal bacteria, it has been revealed "

The contamination is likely to have occurred because the ice or ice-making machines have been...
                                20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
                              • Reply to Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
                                mind the gap
                                Faecal contaminants in ice cubes are probably the least of your problems in fast food outlets. If you knew what goes into some of the food you would not touch it, let alone eat it.
                                21-07-2017, 22:25 PM
                              • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                                JK0
                                Is your landlord a Vampire?...
                                21-07-2017, 18:14 PM
                                jpkeates
                                Freezing bacteria doesn't often kill them, cooking them has a better kill rate.
                                Essentially, people need to wash their hands properly and they don't.

You're meant to wash them while you sing happy birthday twice (slowly) so you do it long enough.
                                21-07-2017, 08:38 AM
                                Gordon999
                                And its also the same hands which handle the burgers etc.
                                20-07-2017, 20:56 PM
                                emwithme
                                I worked in McDonalds and various pubs while doing my A Levels/taking my gap year.

I still eat in McDonalds (and drink in various pubs, although not the ones I worked in!).

I DO NOT have ice in drinks anywhere (except home, and I wash the ice trays frequently!) All I can...
                                20-07-2017, 20:27 PM
                              • Acid attack ?
                                Gordon999
                                Today's big news revealed 408 cases of acid attack and disfigurement of the face since Nov 2016.

Victims can be scarred for life and suffer huge loss of earning during the remainder of their life.

Any ideas on how to help the victims ? What is the proper punishment for...
                                16-07-2017, 09:26 AM
                              • Reply to Acid attack ?
                                jpkeates
                                I agree.

It doesn't require any change in the law to achieve that, though.
                                Being scarred by acid is the same as being scarred with any weapon (if quicker).
                                20-07-2017, 15:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X