• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll definitely love this!

Try and play:

http://uk.akinator.com/

No, shan't.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Pity

Comment

Still no...
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Jeffrey doesn't do pity. Pity.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

To be fair, that is quite impressive !
            A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
            W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              Jeffrey doesn't do pity. Pity.
              But you do uppity- quite a lot, of late.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                But you do uppity- quite a lot, of late.
                Uppity is good. It's better than the alternative.

(And there's no need to sulk!)
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Warning: posts can go downity as well as uppity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
                    To be fair, that is quite impressive !
                    It really is! I just tried it out using "Mind_the_gap", and it guessed correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
                      It really is! I just tried it out using "Mind_the_gap", and it guessed correctly!
                      What do you mean, you 'tried it out using' me?

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                        What do you mean, you 'tried it out using' me?
                        Well - have you tried the game? You think of a person, and it then asks you loads of 'yes/no' questions and eventually homes in on the person/character you're thinking of... I thought of you, and it guessed correctly!

Comment

Well - have you tried the game? You think of a person, and it then asks you loads of 'yes/no' questions and eventually homes in on the person/character you're thinking of... I thought of you, and it guessed correctly!
                          Well I tried it for me, but it just came up with Einstein! An easy mistake to make I suppose

How long did you have to keep going before it guessed me?

And how does it know me anyway?

Comment

Can't believe it - so did I !!!!!

It took 4 tries to get it tho

Eric - you must have spent hours answering questions to build the profile, you bad man.. you !!!! Class effort tho !

I got Mind_the_gap (Teacher) Photo not available yet
                            A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                            W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
                              Eric - you must have spent hours answering questions to build the profile, you bad man.. you !!!!
                              I may be a sad man, but not that sad! Just one run, then another one to see if it worked (and it did!). Certainly a very clever algorithm.

Got Harriet Harman first, though...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit
                                craig2222
                                I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
                                30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                ram
                                Well, the building sites will eventually have British workers on them ( more jobs for the indigenous people ).
                                No more closing down of bus companies because they replaced bus drivers with foreigners who could not read road signs, which made them dangerous drivers ( look it up) so more jobs for...
                                16-10-2019, 23:47 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                Nope, not enough there to tempt me back!
                                16-10-2019, 22:44 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                Macromia
                                I'm for a future where the Uk's government, and the voting public in the UK, can directly influence our future and we retain as many freedoms as possible and have the best possible trade opportunities.

This means remaining in the EU.
                                Leaving the EU really doesn't give the UK more...
                                16-10-2019, 19:56 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                I give up! You either get it or you don't. You are either for a future of our choice or a future of choices made by a super-expensive group of non- accountable bureaucrats. As I say, I give up. For now....
                                16-10-2019, 19:20 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                Macromia
                                So you'll know that many businesses have narrow profit margins and/or rely on deliveries being on time (both into and out of the business).
                                Most businesses can cope with occasional interruptions in supply (e.g. a few days as a result of weather/strikes), although they may take a financial hit...
                                16-10-2019, 18:01 PM
                              • What car?
                                john deere guy
                                Any car you wish you bought? Even if it wasn't the right decision at the time,,,, but looking back it was....?
                                17-09-2019, 22:24 PM
                              • Reply to What car?
                                PeaceDuke
                                Hey, the only color for a car is red or black
                                16-10-2019, 14:00 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                All I can say folks is let's see. Having worked for British and American companies in my time (some very large ones too) I know a little of how it works and understand more than any "thick lied-to naive uneducated Leaver" ought to! Let us see, in due course if it brings prosperity or chaos....
                                15-10-2019, 18:03 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                Macromia
                                So, you don't understand that even large businesses aren't prepared to accept losses that they think they can avoid by moving production elsewhere (especially when they don't have any definite idea when things will end, and will have good reason to suspect that it will take years for any sort of deal...
                                15-10-2019, 16:32 PM
                              Working...
                              X