Cheap online property management- or spam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cheap online property management- or spam?

    Hello i think ive found a really cheap online letting agents called Aqua Lettings who are offering to fully manage my properties for an unbelievable 5% PCM with no upfront fee's or charges, infact if i use this company they insist i wont need to pay a penny untill they find me a suitable tenent for the property. i rang them today and spoke to the manager he seemed really nice and answerd all my questions i think im going to give them a try
    Last edited by Editor; 31-12-2009, 09:08 AM.

    #2
    does this smell a bit spammy to anyone.....
    Mrs Jones
    I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Mrs Jones View Post
      does this smell a bit spammy to anyone.....
      Ive come on here to ask if anybody can help me ? i dont know if this is a good deal or not as im new to the property game also im wondering if any people have had dealings with this company as to be honest ive never heard of them before, they seem genuine enough tho as they got accounts with letsafe and the uk letting agency database and even have a facebook page with over 300 members, if anyone has any info or help id love to hear from ya thanks :-)

      Comment


        #4
        and what about your other post which also conveniently quotes the same website link.
        Mrs Jones
        I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mrs Jones View Post
          and what about your other post which also conveniently quotes the same website link.
          i opended two new stories because they are offering me 2 deals and i thought it would need 2 different answers, silly lol :-)

          basically its like this i can have either or.....

          1) 5% pcm for full managed with no upfront fee's
          2) £49 upfront fee ( per house ) for just finding me a tenant ( let only)

          I dunno which one i should go for, they seem to be very cheap but ive never heard of them before and im wondering what people on here think of it and if anyone as any info on Aqua Lettings or stories etc, they seem to be reterable as they got accounts with letsafe which makes me think this is genuine :-)

          Comment


            #6
            Aqua Lettings have only been online since August 2009, so are unlikely to have built up a reputation yet - good or bad. Their website is registered to David Brown and, interestingly, hasn't been declared as a business to nominet. http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois...lettings.co.uk

            HOWEVER, their website shows them as "Aqua Lettings Ltd" but Companies House has no record of them on their webcheck service.
            http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/36...2255906#result
            http://www.aqualettings.co.uk/#/head-office/4535614265

            If this isn't a mistake by companies house (unlikely) then to call yourself 'Ltd' when you're not is an offence under (correct me Jeffrey) the Companies Act.

            I'd have concerns over an agency in Manchesters ability to fully manage property in, say, Brighton - they'd have to employ subcontractors to do all the 'on the ground' stuff, which makes their 5% rate suspiciously low.

            Comment


              #7
              The same address is registered to "Smartmove Lettings & Property Management Ltd", who were set up in June 2009.

              It is also registered to ConsumerUK Ltd, a Mobile Phone retailer - also set up in 2009.

              And finally - I'll let go of my bone now - the address is used by Aqua Lettings website designer, "Ltd 4u Ltd", who are both not registered at companies house AND their published email of info@ltd4u.co.uk is not even registered with nominet as a domain.

              Comment


                #8
                Avoid.

                Firstly for the reasons regarding the ltd co and domains (and multiple businesses, including mobile phone companies)

                Secondly for low rate. I have seen many local firms offering very low rates (1% for first month, 7%, 5% etc) - all are struggling. If your only concern is their rate, you are in the wrong business.
                Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

                I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ha! Busted!

                  http://www.myebook.com/piffywafc/

                  (Found via Google)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by asquithea View Post
                    Ha! Busted!

                    http://www.myebook.com/piffywafc/

                    (Found via Google)
                    Lol! I found another Dave. Put piffywafc in the member name search field on here...

                    http://noneedtodivorce.com/?page=search

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Moderator: please consign this thread to 'Take A Break'!
                      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm going to chip in here, and probably sound a little high and mighty but what the hell.

                        This is outrageous, maybe a little spam on here isn't that bad. At the end of the day business is business, and if you can promote your services whilst helping others then all well and good, it's a grey area (not that you were in that area), but then to outright lie to someone else and say you didn't represent your company is just not acceptable.

                        I'm not going to look into all the web stuff, but I hope multiple registrations are indeed legit, and this is not a ploy. Maybe I'm passionate about it as I started my own company, and it is a battle, one that is not helped by people like yourself re-enforcing the preconception that letting agents are lying, thieving scum.

                        If you are indeed an honest person, I believe you will come back on here and reply, so that will remain to be seen. If you do, two tips and not nessorcerrly in that order lol :-)

                        (you will need to go to the link that Westminster provided to understand that).

                        -Spell check your posts both for the ladies, and for business
                        -Be honest, it will pay off in the long run.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by westminster View Post
                          Lol! I found another Dave. Put piffywafc in the member name search field on here...

                          http://noneedtodivorce.com/?page=search
                          What a charmer!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                            What a charmer!
                            I'm going to need to clear my history now or it's going to be an akward conversation this evening!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by kayak View Post
                              I'm going to chip in here, and probably sound a little high and mighty but what the hell.

                              This is outrageous, maybe a little spam on here isn't that bad. At the end of the day business is business, and if you can promote your services whilst helping others then all well and good, it's a grey area (not that you were in that area), but then to outright lie to someone else and say you didn't represent your company is just not acceptable.

                              I'm not going to look into all the web stuff, but I hope multiple registrations are indeed legit, and this is not a ploy. Maybe I'm passionate about it as I started my own company, and it is a battle, one that is not helped by people like yourself re-enforcing the preconception that letting agents are lying, thieving scum.

                              If you are indeed an honest person, I believe you will come back on here and reply, so that will remain to be seen. If you do, two tips and not nessorcerrly in that order lol :-)

                              (you will need to go to the link that Westminster provided to understand that).

                              -Spell check your posts both for the ladies, and for business
                              -Be honest, it will pay off in the long run.
                              If the OP wants to advertise, he should contact the admin of landlordzone and ask first. Landlord zone is funded by advertising - any freebie adverts undermine that revenue stream, IMO.

                              Personally I think the business model for online agencies is flawed. Who is doing the inventory, for example? EPCs? Where do they pick keys up from? Who goes to the property to check out? Where do tenants pick keys up from? The only model I can see working is a rent collection service coupled with debt collection if things go wrong. The rest of what is needed to run a successfully agency requires a hands-on approach.
                              Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

                              I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X