• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tom999
    replied
    Originally posted by veryartysteve View Post
    I am neutral because I am neither landlord nor tenant,
    That does not make you neutral and unbiased.

The fact remains that your views in post #10 are hardly neutral, and are clearly biased towards LA's.

Leave a comment:

• veryartysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by tom999 View Post
    Your personal views above are hardly "neutral", as your background is in property management.
    You may be confusing "lack of experience" with "neutrality". By your logic arguments could only be decided by people who knew nothing about the subject. I am neutral because I am neither landlord nor tenant, but have seen the world from both sides at some point in the past. Try some other form of attack I am afraid LOL.

Leave a comment:

• tom999
    replied
    Originally posted by veryartysteve View Post
    At the moment I am a neutral observer on here, I am just speaking the truth as I see it. LAs do get a bad press, and it is mostly unjustified bad press.
    Your personal views above are hardly "neutral", as your background is in property management.

Leave a comment:

• veryartysteve
    replied
    It seems to me that LA can become easy scapegoat. The general rules are.

a) Bad tenants are always the fault of LA no matter what the circumstances. If the T looses his job half way through the AST that is also the fault of the LA. A property should be left immaculate, if not that is also the LAs fault. Its also the LAs fault if he does not want to sue (on the LL behalf) the T for a stain on a 15yr old carpet.

b) If there are any faults with the property that are not repaired, its the LA's fault, even when the LA wrote to the LL about them.

c) If anything goes wrong with the property and it is repaired, it the LA's fault, and the the LL feels "ripped off" even if the LA called in a favor to get a superb job at a bargain price.

d) LAs are somehow daemonic for wanting to get paid for the work that they do

e) LLs are always entitled to stop paying the LA even when the contract LL agreed says that the LA is rightfully entitled to being paid.

f) If the LA does not have an intimate and total knowledge of the law, human psychology, macro economics and structural engineering they are in some way mentally deficient

g) The LAs fee is always too high, even when the LA has achieve a rent which more that compensates for their fee.

h) When a LL pays for a "find only" service they are actually entitled to a full management service thrown in for free.

Just to make this thread a little tidier I have put in some advanced responses

1) "You are a letting agent?" - wrong! I am not.

2) "You know nothing about property management" - Also wrong! this used to be my full time job

3) "you are a tenant with a grudge against LLs" - Wrong again! I am not a tenant.

At the moment I am a neutral observer on here, I am just speaking the truth as I see it. LAs do get a bad press, and it is mostly unjustified bad press.

Leave a comment:

• Poppy35
    replied
    Im one and proud of it! (dont keel over in shock now!!).

Being doing my job for a long time now, relish the challanges (good and bad), its a steep learning curve.

Not all LA are crap , the same as not all solicitors, estate agents, teachers are bad....

I too dont charge for writing a reference!

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    I agree we would give them for free as well. Except when we are asked to fax them to premium rate numbers (0870) to which i refuse to do. It funny how they can come up with a normal number then.

I would point out this is to ref companies not landlords.

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    I was joking, really. However if I were one, I don't think I'd be broadcasting it.
    Oh I just love 'em.

Had occasion to phone one this morning to chase up a reference I'd asked for last week on an applicant for a tenancy, and which had been ignored. Was advised that it would cost me £25 to have them process it, which, since I don't even charge my applicants for vetting them, I found particularly obnoxious.

Leave a comment:

• Xtacy4U
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    I was joking, really. However if I were one, I don't think I'd be broadcasting it. Cast your eye down the list of thread titles on the Letting Agents Questions forum and you will see why, perhaps:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...splay.php?f=10
    Thanks mate.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Xtacy4U View Post
    Is there a reason as to why they cannot admit that they're a Letting Agent?

As for the question, I am just genuinely interested.
    I was joking, really. However if I were one, I don't think I'd be broadcasting it. Cast your eye down the list of thread titles on the Letting Agents Questions forum and you will see why, perhaps:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...splay.php?f=10

Leave a comment:

• Xtacy4U
    replied
    Is there a reason as to why they cannot admit that they're a Letting Agent?

As for the question, I am just genuinely interested.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Xtacy4U View Post
    Hi all,

Just a quick question, who's a Letting Agent on this forum?
    Tricky one. There are quite a few, but they tend not to admit to it in public

Why do you ask?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit
    craig2222
    I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
    30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    Macromia
    ram:
    Do you think that the building site and bus driver jobs that you mention weren't previously available to "indigenous people"?
    All jobs that have been 'taken' by immigrants from the EU have been available to people who were born in the UK - if they were prepared to take them....
    17-10-2019, 14:41 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    jpkeates
    I don't personally see anything wrong with the EU notion of free movement.
    You're free to move to work anywhere, and, provided you're employed, you're entitled to all of the same benefits as a national of the country you're working in.
    If you're not employed, your right to reside elapses...
    17-10-2019, 08:48 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    islandgirl
    OK so Ram you have tempted me very briefly back in. People used to come and work here BEFORE we joined the EU on work visas. They would come for farm work (family experience of this) from not only the EU but across the world. Getting labour if it is needed is not a problem. The difference is that on...
    17-10-2019, 08:36 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    ram
    sorry, not correct. But time restrains prevent me from disproving your argument.
    But whatever anyone writes on here will NOT change how the treasonous Government screw us.[/SIZE]...
    17-10-2019, 08:18 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    jpkeates
    The flaw in that argument is that there is currently negative unemployment in the UK.

There are thousands of unfilled jobs, 50,000 in the NHS alone (mostly for non medical positions) and the number of unemployed people is so low that its made up of people who can't or won't work (plus the...
    17-10-2019, 07:39 AM
  • Reply to Brexit
    ram
    Well, the building sites will eventually have British workers on them ( more jobs for the indigenous people ).
    No more closing down of bus companies because they replaced bus drivers with foreigners who could not read road signs, which made them dangerous drivers ( look it up) so more jobs for...
    16-10-2019, 23:47 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    islandgirl
    Nope, not enough there to tempt me back!
    16-10-2019, 22:44 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    Macromia
    I'm for a future where the Uk's government, and the voting public in the UK, can directly influence our future and we retain as many freedoms as possible and have the best possible trade opportunities.

This means remaining in the EU.
    Leaving the EU really doesn't give the UK more...
    16-10-2019, 19:56 PM
  • Reply to Brexit
    islandgirl
    I give up! You either get it or you don't. You are either for a future of our choice or a future of choices made by a super-expensive group of non- accountable bureaucrats. As I say, I give up. For now....
    16-10-2019, 19:20 PM
Working...
X