Words that change their meanings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remembered another one. Bell end!

(That wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I hasten to add).
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      Just remembered another one. Bell end!
      But isn't there Gold Bellend coffee?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        But isn't there Gold Bellend coffee?
        Yes, but it's made by a company which deserves to have as many swear words as possible heaped upon it, and preferably without asterisks. Since LLZ won't print the epithet I need, let's just say it rhymes with 'muckers'.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Why? Is it just that you don't care for its products?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
            Why? Is it just that you don't care for its products?
            It is the unethical practices of the company to which I (and many others) object; I have therefore no opinion on its products since I try to avoid buying them.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X