Will we each be a proper Charlie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we each be a proper Charlie?

We had the Victorians, and the Georgians and Edwardians, I suppose we will be known as the New Elizabethans, what about when/if Charlie Big Ears comes to the throne? Will everybody be a proper Charlie?
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

I'm just happy to be Noughtie!

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
      We had the Victorians, and the Georgians and Edwardians, I suppose we will be known as the New Elizabethans, what about when/if Charlie Big Ears comes to the throne? Will everybody be a proper Charlie?
      No- because I understand that he will use the regnal title King George VII:
      a. in memory of his late grandfather; and
      b. as his fourth forename is indeed George.

So we'll all be Georgians- except jta, I guess, who admits to being a Charlie!
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Some neo-Georgian songs (titles or lyrics):

Georgia on my mind
        And Georgian girls make me scream and shout [Back in the USSR]
        Rainy night in Georgia
        Long way to Georgia
        The night the lights went out in Georgia
        Why, Georgia, why
        The devil cam down to Georgia
        Midnight train to Georgia
        Going back to Georgia
        Sweet Georgia Brown
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Maybe a future monarch will be called Ian.....Ianians
          or maybe Hercl.....
          A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
          W.Churchill

Comment

Dumb Georgia Laws
            • It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroner’s office.
            • You have the right to commit simple battery if provoked by "fighting" words.
            • Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.
            • Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
            • Signs are required to be written in English.
            • No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.

Comment

Sorry- simple batteries not included.

Comment

Decks chairs. Titanic. He won't be king.
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

On whose authority do you say that? Are you in an MI5 plot?
                  And what do Kate Winslett and Lonardo DiCaprio have to do with it all?

Comment

She's probably right Jeffrey, you only have to look at the family history to see the women generally out live the men by a long period.

Albert died at 42, Victoria lasted till she was 81.
                    Eddie the VII lasted 69 years
                    Georgie the V was 70 when he croaked.
                    Geo VI was just 57.
                    Phillip's lasted well, but then he come's from different stock.

It ain't looking good for 'Jugears'

Comment

Edward VII is the nearest exemplar. Long reign by mother, son elderly at succession, short reign by son followed. There have only ever been six Queens regnant- and only two since the 1707 Union (Queen Vctoria and Queen Elizabeth II- whom Scots deny the 'II' on that account!)

Comment

No, you both misunderstand me. Charles will not be king because:

(i) the Queen has spent a long time regretting ever having produced him, however, she is just about bright enough to realise that he is a philandering twit and will refuse on principle to abdicate in his favour. Her mother went on until about 105, as may Her Madge.
                        (ii) if she met a nasty end tomorrow (e.g if she were savaged by a Royal Corgi or mistaken for a deer and shot at Balmoral), the Great British Public would rise up in rebellion and abolish the whole parasitic tribe of them.

The public put up with the present Queen, either because she forms part of that unfocused and irrational feeling in the depths of their consciousness which they mistake for patriotism, or because they are so apathetic they've never really thought about it. They would not put up with Charles because they like their monarchs either to be old, female and (relatively) sensible, or young, male, goodlooking and married to a Fairytale Princess (not to a swamp donkey).
                        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

HRH is of course Queen of the UK, not GB. You are in a very small minority of republican diehards.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                            HRH is of course Queen of the UK, not GB. You are in a very small minority of republican diehards.
                            She is in fact Queen of a load more countries than that.

And you are assuming that I would be active in, or at least in favour of the rebellion - where did I say that?

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                              And you are assuming that I would be active in, or at least in favour of the rebellion - where did I say that?
                              It's 'cos you've spent the last three weeks consorting with republicans. You've been infected with their mindset. but enough of that, isn't that Camilla a lovely lady (not) what a good Queen consort she will make.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X