This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    LZ would achieve that aim a hell of a lot more effectively if it introduced a decent search engine...
    Dont get me started on that one....................! ! !

Do you reakon the mods also read all the PM's too? I think we need to invent a secret language/code (like in the 39 steps).

O dear. Paranoia's taking over again.
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
      Dont get me started on that one....................! ! !

Do you reakon the mods also read all the PM's too? I think we need to invent a secret language/code (like in the 39 steps).

O dear. Paranoia's taking over again.
      *@\\\""**&%!!!!!

I sincerely hope they do not read the pms!

We'll know they do when I get thrown off
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        *@\\\""**&%!!!!!

I sincerely hope they do not read the pms!

We'll know they do when I get thrown off
        You do know that when you do a search, if you put the search terms into square brackets, that the results also include PMs?
        Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
          You do know that when you do a search, if you put the search terms into square brackets, that the results also include PMs?
          Good try... but if that were the case, you and I (and a few others besides, I suspect!) would probably have had the virtual knock on the door on the door in the middle of the night by now.

(BTW I could tell that was a wind-up by the way you prefaced it with 'You do know...' Trying too hard!)
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Good try... but if that were the case, you and I (and a few others besides, I suspect!) would probably have had the virtual knock on the door on the door in the middle of the night by now.

(BTW I could tell that was a wind-up by the way you prefaced it with 'You do know...' Trying too hard!)
            You were supposed to know it was a wind up. That's why I put the winky emoticon at the end. Still, you probably just had a teensy weensy second thought about it, didn't you?
            Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

You were supposed to know it was a wind up. That's why I put the winky emoticon at the end. Still, you probably just had a teensy weensy second thought about it, didn't you?
              I admit to even trying it !!
              All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Originally posted by Bel View Post
                I admit to even trying it !!
                That's the trouble with Reigns of Terror! They make everyone nervous, even the innocent.

Comment

(Sigh) All brackets are square. The round ones are in fact parentheses!
                  See post #6 on http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ket#post134164
                  JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                  1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                  2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                  3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                  4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                    (Sigh) All brackets are square. The round ones are in fact parentheses!
                    See post #6 on http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ket#post134164
                    So why does agent's post make more sense than yours?

Comment

So why does agent's post make more sense than yours?
                      Because his is First Class or Recorded Delivery?
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Because his is First Class or Recorded Delivery?
                        Wrong again.

The correct answer is : because everybody (except you, it seems!) knows exactly what he means by 'square brackets' and hardly anyone (except you) uses the term 'parentheses' these days!

Comment

Wrong again.

The correct answer is : because everybody (except you, it seems!) knows exactly what he means by 'square brackets' and hardly anyone (except you) uses the term 'parentheses' these days!
                          I know. Isn't ignorance appalling? I'll have to go round and punch him up the parenthesis.

Comment

I know. Isn't ignorance appalling?
                            That is an interesting philosophical question, to which the answer, I suspect, is not always 'Yes'. Much as I should like to debate it, I will refrain from so doing as that would no doubt be considered a diversion and hacked off into a separate, decontextualised thread under my name and it will appear that I'm having a teacherly rant or something, when I'm doing so such thing.

Perhaps you would like to save the mods the trouble and start one yourself, as it was you who asked the question?

Comment

That is an interesting philosophical question, to which the answer, I suspect, is not always 'Yes'. Much as I should like to debate it, I will refrain from so doing as that would no doubt be considered a diversion and hacked off into a separate, decontextualised thread under my name and it will appear that I'm having a teacherly rant or something, when I'm doing so such thing.

Perhaps you would like to save the mods the trouble and start one yourself, as it was you who asked the question?
                              Actually, the answer for which I was hoping was, "Don't know"- but you've let me down!

'Teacherly rant' must surely be an anagram, but I'm not sure of what.

Comment

Actually, the answer for which I was hoping was, "Don't know"- but you've let me down!

'Teacherly rant' must surely be an anagram, but I'm not sure of what.
                                There are hundreds, but these are my favourites:

Treacly Art Hen
                                Archery Talent
                                Tentacle Harry
                                Tartan Lechery
                                Catarrh Lent Ye
                                Acne Halt Terry

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X