X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popish Presents

Presents exchanged between His Holiness and Prince Charles:

Pope to Charles : lump of old etched copper & a medal
    Charles to Pope : some flowery porcelein plates & a photo of himself with Swamp Donkey

Failure of imagination, or what?

I'm sure we could think of some much more appropriate and interesting gifts for them to swap.

For the Pope: a Gay Rights T-shirt.
    For Charles : some trousers which fit him.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

I only believe in practical presents:

Charles to Pope: Duchy Farms goodie basket

Pope to Charles: Easy read version of the Bible
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Something that smells nice; but No Pot-Pourri!
      [(c) Ian Paisley]
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Something that smells nice; but No Pot-Pourri!
        [(c) Ian Paisley]
        That's very good.

I was going to suggest that HRH could have bought him something with a nice paisely pattern print, but you beat me to it.
        Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          a Gay Rights T-shirt.
          One of the minor regrets I have is that when I was in Thailand I did not buy the T-shirt that had emblazoned on it:

Nobody knows I'm gay

Comment

Bet that the minors whom you met don't regret your reticence.
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
              Bet that the minors whom you met don't regret your reticence.
              I think they all know. They do not regard me as a threat.

Comment

'Popish' include 22/7ths. of posh, anyway [crossword clue]; see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...729#post134729.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X