• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
    does that hurt?

No but its available and easy to carryout
    Please clarify what it is you are referring to, in each of the clauses above (I won't call them sentences, as they are largely unpunctuated).

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Oh good grief. He's on his perch again

Rodent, read this carefully. It is a fundamental prinicple of constructing a convincing argument: to identify one example of something does not mean that the 'something' is always the case.

Your one example may, (for example!) be "the exception which proves the rule". Or it might be anaomalous or untypical for other reasons.

The only credible way to 'prove' whether the knee-jerk, Dail Mail-inpspired propaganda you keep spewing up is true or not is to analyse the latest available statisitics on the proportion of pregant/parent under 18s who are given social housing. So far you have signally failed to do so.

The other option is to accept the observations of people like Preston who has considerable experience in the field of social housing and seems to know what he is talking about. He has already constructed a convincing case for your subjective impresison (that all schoolgirl mothers are automatically given a free flat), being wide of the mark.

Until then, please get someone to put a black cloth over your cage and give us all a break.

The very strong counter argument stretching to:

"There may be a very small number who deliberately become pregnant 'just to get a flat' but it's a bit of a myth, really."

Hmmm okay then !

Leave a comment:

• PI Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    So would the periodic temporary disabling of the reproductive equipment of all unmarried men.
    does that hurt?

No but its available and easy to carryout

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
    well i know i'm going on about it and it does not solve the issues BUT the injection would have prevented the pregnancy
    So would the periodic temporary disabling of the reproductive equipment of all unmarried men. Or the use of mediaeval chastity belts. Or locking all adolescent girls up in remote boarding schools until marriage.

Or forced abortions, as in China.

It doesn't mean that it's an acceptable solution to the problem, does it?

Leave a comment:

• PI Guy
    replied
    well i know i'm going on about it and it does not solve the issues BUT the injection would have prevented the pregnancy

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
    I would say roughly 90% of my tenants are young or were young single mum's.
    Izzycam, do you manage social housing (i.e. council or HA houses/flats), or private rented housing? And what proportion of your single mother tenants were under 20 when they moved in?

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    If you think the photos of the young lad are sad listen to the interview with him on youtube.Tap in (Alfie 13 father)

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    I would say roughly 90% of my tenants are young or were young single mum's.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
    Not so much of a myth then ?!

The Rodent
    Oh good grief. He's on his perch again

Rodent, read this carefully. It is a fundamental prinicple of constructing a convincing argument: to identify one example of something does not mean that the 'something' is always the case.

Your one example may, (for example!) be "the exception which proves the rule". Or it might be anaomalous or untypical for other reasons.

The only credible way to 'prove' whether the knee-jerk, Dail Mail-inpspired propaganda you keep spewing up is true or not is to analyse the latest available statisitics on the proportion of pregant/parent under 18s who are given social housing. So far you have signally failed to do so.

The other option is to accept the observations of people like Preston who has considerable experience in the field of social housing and seems to know what he is talking about. He has already constructed a convincing case for your subjective impresison (that all schoolgirl mothers are automatically given a free flat), being wide of the mark.

Until then, please get someone to put a black cloth over your cage and give us all a break.

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
    Oh my god, he looks like a baby himself!
    Just to emphasize the social housing issues...I have just got back from renting a house out to a family who have 7 children, the 5 older one's are all in rented accommodation paid for by the council, and even two of the grandchildren have housing allowance flats.
    What chance do we have!
    Not so much of a myth then ?!

The Rodent

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    Oh my god, he looks like a baby himself!
    Just to emphasize the social housing issues...I have just got back from renting a house out to a family who have 7 children, the 5 older one's are all in rented accommodation paid for by the council, and even two of the grandchildren have housing allowance flats.
    What chance do we have!

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Yes. Is it not child abuse for children to abuse one another's bodies this way?
    I think it probably is; however, because they are themselves so immature (in every sense of the word except physically), I don't think that concept would mean much to them. To appreciate the awfulness of abusing others presupposes a kind of self-awareness which these two tragically young parents clearly lack.

What chance of a healthy, normal childhood with positive parenting does that baby have? Unless its grandparents play a significant role, or it is fostered or adopted by adults who are old enough and wise enough to have learnt to put their dependants first, the poor child's life chances don't bear thinking about. Once the novelty wears off, what are the chances of 13 or 15 year olds bringing up this baby adequately*?

In war-time and in societies with large numbers of orphans, children of this age do actually look after and bring up siblings largely unaided and some of them do it well, although no-one would think it an ideal situation. However, AIDS orphans and those orphaned by war were probably never this indulged in the first place - allowed to think it's OK to do what you want as soon as you want, with no regard for or understanding of, the consequences.

*I hope they prove me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Yes. Is it not child abuse for children to abuse one another's bodies this way?

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Oh my!

Thats a whole lot more future social housing requirement.

Leave a comment:

• Sorrel
    replied
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2233878.ece

Jeeeeeez....sex ed failed horribly here!

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X