Why does sex education fail so often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    Simple. I do not want more people (of either gender) to die of ignorance. You don't either, I guess. 'Diversity' is of no use to the dead. Why then encourage practices known to involve substantially-increased risk?
    (1) Read alongside your comment in another thread (http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...nor#post134575, posts 5 and 6) which seemed to me to imply that homosexuality carried with it connotation of paedophilia, it did not appear to me that your concern was for the sexual health of the participants in the postulated birth-rate reduction experiment (which in any case was probably not meant as a serious suggestion), but was just another example of gay-bashing.

(2) "Sex" can include activities which do not carry with them a substantially increased risk of HIV transmission.
    Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

No, I was merely responding to others' posts: #199, #200, #203.
      Your response (above) makes some sense in relation to #199, where the question of STDs is revisited (although not entirely seriously, it has to be said). As a 'response' to #200 and #203, one can but conclude that you have missed the point, or chosen to substitute your own. I would disagree that it is a useful 'response' since it does not engage with what is put forward in those posts; it avoids it.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Alfie Patten update

It wasn't his baby, after all: see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8056700.stm
        (Perhaps it was his son who dunnit?)
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
          And what do we encourage the young girls to do ?
          Munch carpets ?

My god Rodent where do you get these sayings from, I didn't have a clue what you were on about until I googled it.

Comment

Simple. I do not want more people (of either gender) to die of ignorance. You don't either, I guess. 'Diversity' is of no use to the dead. Why then encourage practices known to involve substantially-increased risk?
            "Oh aren't there enough aid sufferers yet"

Jeffrey ,what do you mean by these comments please, I don't know whether I have misinterpreted them but they come across as shortsighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
              "Oh aren't there enough aid sufferers yet"

Jeffrey ,what do you mean by these comments please, I don't know whether I have misinterpreted them but they come across as shortsighted.
              I'm sure that you're not deliberately misunderestanding. It's hardly shortsighted of me, or anyone else, to want the innocent to be protected. The comment which you quote (a protest against another member's reprehensible jibe) was not the first to be taken out of context lately!
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
                My god Rodent where do you get these sayings from, I didn't have a clue what you were on about until I googled it.
                Tenants, generally ....
                A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                W.Churchill

Comment

Munch painted screams, not carpets, anyway.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X