X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
    Sadly not.
    Record..stuck...record...stuck...!
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by zetto View Post
      My pet theory is there is a tendency in this country for growing lack of respect between the generations.
      This is untrue. If truth were not absolute I would say it is very untrue indeed. The reason I believe it is untrue is because people have been saying it since at least written records began and no doubt before.

I once read a letter written by a father to his son who was away studying in which he exhorts his son not to drink too much beer and fall down drunk and to show respect to his teachers. How long ago was this written? It was an Ancient Egyptian papyrus. It is unlikely the father would have written the letter if he had not himself drunk too much beer and fallen down drunk and been a bit lippy to his teachers.

Anyway the answer to teenage pregnancies is obvious - we need to encourage young men to have sex with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
        Anyway the answer to teenage pregnancies is obvious - we need to encourage young men to have sex with each other.
        Oh, aren't there enough AIDS sufferers for your liking yet?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
          OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOODNESS lol i hope that wasnt intended in the way it sounds it was :|

tho there is a point - take the womb out of the equation there may well be no pregnancy but there will be neither increase nor decrease in the risk of STDs. (well at least no baby would be affected by it)

Comment

The presence of the icon was a very strong pointer that my suggestion was not a serious one. I could say a lot, but before I say anything I think I need to know whether I am to take it that it is implicit in your comment that males of any age should not have sex with each other (a) because of the risk of HIV/AIDS or (b) anyway.

Comment

And what do we encourage the young girls to do ?
              Munch carpets ?
              A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
              W.Churchill

Comment

Munch carpets ?
                It is mostly men who lay carpets.

Comment

How does this comment fit in with LLZ's diversity policy?
                  Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

It is mostly men who lay carpets.
                    Agreed !

And women that munch them !
                    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                    W.Churchill

Comment

Agreed !

And women that munch them !
                      Quite. And it's sad, frustrated middle-aged men like you who obsess about it.
                      Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
                        Quite. And it's sad, frustrated middle-aged men like you who obsess about it.
                        When does middle aged begin, and when does it end ?
                        I don't believe a few comments qualifies as "obsess" does it ?
                        Monday morning and you are as cantankerous as ever
                        W.Churchill

Comment

I don't believe a few comments qualifies as "obsess" does it ?
                          No, but you made the "carpet munch" comment, Lawcruncher attempted to divert the discussion into a rhetorical cul-de-sac, but you then tried to revive the topic. Not necessarily evidence of obsesssion, but you did seem uncommonly keen to talk/think about it.
                          Health Warning

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
                            How does this comment fit in with LLZ's diversity policy?
                            Simple. I do not want more people (of either gender) to die of ignorance. You don't either, I guess. 'Diversity' is of no use to the dead. Why then encourage practices known to involve substantially-increased risk?
                            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Simple. I do not want more people (of either gender) to die of ignorance. You don't either, I guess. 'Diversity' is of no use to the dead. Why then encourage practices known to involve substantially-increased risk?
                              It wasn't encouragement. It was a joke, as has already been explained. You chose not to see it as such.
                              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                                It wasn't encouragement. It was a joke, as has already been explained. You chose not to see it as such.
                                No, I was merely responding to others' posts: #199, #200, #203.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X