Why does sex education fail so often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    I have no incisive remarks, and I can't even buy cuspid.
    But I do have many Deeds of InDenture.
    No incisiveness anymore? You've been doing too much filing. Have a pink rinse.

And eat on the other side for a while (wherever that is).
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      And eat on the other side for a while (wherever that is).
      The dark side.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The dark side.
        Of the Moon?
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Of the Moon?
          No:
          Welcome
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Crikey, Jeffrey, are those really your teeth on that magazine cover?

Comment

No, I'm looking after them for a fiend.

Comment

What magazine cover? I'm intrigued.
                Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
                  What magazine cover? I'm intrigued.
                  Click on the "Welcome" in post #184.

Comment

Click on the "Welcome" in post #184.
                    Prepare for a shock if you do. It's not pleasant.

Comment

Usually for sale along with dfmb.
                      Go on, then, what's 'dfmb'? Even the ever-useful http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com does not know!

Comment

Go on, then, what's 'dfmb'? Even the ever-useful http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com does not know!

Come on Jeffrey, that's easy!

do ....my butt.
                        A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                        W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
                          do ....my butt.
                          Oo, er, is that what's for sale in Pontefract, then?
                          Good job it's not Scunthorpe [try a search on ask.com or Google for this when you've a 'no-swearword' monitor on your computer...]

Comment

You are both way off the mark and I yawn at your puerile sexual fantasies about the inhabitants of that noble, once licorice-stick-rich town, Rodent.

dfmb = deep fried Mars Bars (ericardlussa thread? Remember?)

Keep up, both of you.

Comment

back to the topic question, there was a recent documentary on tv about teenagers about to pop.. i was quite horrified that one of my parents' tenants and her pregnant teenager were on there... if they WANT to get pregnant, the sex ed will only serve as TIPS on how to best do it, so really what needs to be drummed into everyones heads is the difficulty in young motherhood - because thesedays theres too much acceptance of it happening. i'm in full support if the mother to be is in a situation where she is able to provide and care for the child, besides regardless of age some mothers still struggle and then cant cope and then their kids are taken away. but how responsible can a teenager really be? its a wierd one isnt it?

anyway.. my answer to the topic? Hormones.. i guess, the reason teenage pregnancies are a problem is beacuse teenagers arent supposed to be responsible parents right.. well then how can we expect them to be responsible before they get pregnant? especially with all those hormones runnin around.

and in the case of the girl on the documentary (as her mother implied to us one day).. so that they can have their very own coucil houses yay. i bloomin hope she was joking.

Comment

Originally posted by zman View Post
                                so that they can have their very own coucil houses yay. i bloomin hope she was joking.

Sadly not.
                                A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                                W.Churchill

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Global Warming - So What
                                  by nukecad
                                  Very true, in terms of the planet (never mind the Universe) we are incredibly short lived, so we just can't grasp the enormous amounts of time involved.

And it's not just going forward, we are short sighted looking back as well even when we have records*.

If you consider the...
                                  23-10-2021, 14:37 PM
                                  by jpkeates
                                  I'd like to think I'm focused on the next 200 years or so.
                                  That seems to me to be a reasonable period to try and plan.

200 years ago it was 1821 and the world was a completely different place, and (ignoring the odd flukey guess) I don't think anyone then could possibly have predicted...
                                  23-10-2021, 12:57 PM
                                • Global Warming - So What
                                  by landlord-man
                                  I'll get it off my chest - I'm fed-up of all the panic surrounding Global Warming / Climate Change.

I'm more pi**ed off at the forced cost to us all - when it will mean absolutely nothing.

Climate Change is real. Believe it or not, it's been happening for hundreds of millions...
                                  20-10-2021, 09:51 AM
                                  by landlord-man
                                  And that's where I'm going to bow out on this one.

It doesn't really matter if we agree or not as none of us can change what's been decided and thankfully none of us will be around when things really go pear shaped.

It will be several hundred (thousand?) generations of your...
                                  23-10-2021, 11:49 AM
                                  by landlord-man
                                  IF Australia refuses to give up on mining, burning and selling coal for instance, the easiest ways for them to fall into line are (a) do not trade with them (b) let them carry on and reap what they sow.

IF the UK faces coastal flooding - address coastal flooding in the UK - heat pumps and...
                                  23-10-2021, 11:42 AM
                                  by landlord-man
                                  When you have 15 minutes, have a read of the link I added a few posts ago. It is certainly NOT denying the existence of Climate Change nor the need to take action.

Geologists are able to see what happened tens of millions of years ago in some detail - and when you're talking about a 100...
                                  23-10-2021, 11:35 AM
                                  by jpkeates
                                  But you're talking about changing the behaviour of everyone on the planet and that's going to take time.
                                  And the changes are already happening, so we need to take some action to delay what may be inevitable, so we can make some adjustments.

Right now there're are lots of people who...
                                  23-10-2021, 11:15 AM
                                  by landlord-man
                                  But that's the whole point - we should be focussing our energy and money on ADAPTING to live in these climates, because no matter how much we dislike it, the change IS going to happen.

IF the Worlds population is growing too quickly, we need to address that too.

But it's easier...
                                  23-10-2021, 11:05 AM
                                  by Macromia
                                  I've answered everything that you said in your last post but the post has been held for approval, I suspect because I used the scientific binomial for humans.
                                  I'm not going to repeat anything (hopefully a moderator will eventually approve the post), apart from suggesting that you perhaps read...
                                  23-10-2021, 10:58 AM
                                  by doobrey
                                  Why?

Perhaps most obviously because the timescales for natural and anthropogenic climate change are completely different.
                                  23-10-2021, 10:57 AM
                                Working...
                                X