Why does sex education fail so often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    Was it a Tooty-Frooty? They aren't very nice.

Are you referring to the ice cream or my brother?

If the former, then "no it wasn't, but I thought they were quite tasty", if the latter, then "yes, but stop being homophobic".
    Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      Goose, possibly?
      I missed this!

Yes, a goose with a grudge.
      A grudgy goose.
      A groosey gunge.
      A grungy groo.

Or a turkey. (Or anything else which doesn't vote for Christmas).
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
        Are you referring to the ice cream or my brother?

If the former, then "no it wasn't, but I thought they were quite tasty", if the latter, then "yes, but stop being homophobic".
        Where I come from, if you called anyone a 'tooty frooty', you woud be liable to get a smack in the chops, so I think you will have to take my word for it that it was an ice cream. (See above).
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

"Tooty Frooties" are square shaped fruit flavoured sweets.

http://www.sweetiebag.com/sweet-sear...ils.asp?id=812
          A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
          W.Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rodent1 View Post
            "Tooty Frooties" are square shaped fruit flavoured sweets.

http://www.sweetiebag.com/sweet-sear...ils.asp?id=812
            They might be in Wales, where all sorts of strange food is passed off as something else. (Birds' nests bound together with crude oil for instance, are called 'laver bread'). But in Pontefract, definitely ice-lollies I know. I was there.

Comment

I love "Tooty Frooties", (square shaped sweets)...along with "toffee poppets", "flumps", and any other childish sweets, in fact I have had severe withdrawal symptoms since Woolworths closed (no more "pick and mix").

Comment

Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
                I love "Tooty Frooties", (square shaped sweets)...along with "toffee poppets", "flumps", and any other childish sweets, in fact I have had severe withdrawal symptoms since Woolworths closed (no more "pick and mix").
                That's Irish, isn't it: picks and Micks?
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

That's Irish, isn't it: picks and Micks?

Or Scots and Irish - "Picts and Micks"
                  Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
                    Or Scots and Irish - "Picts and Micks"
                    Picts and Scots
                    Pick their Spots!

Comment

Picts and Scots
                      Pick their Spots!
                      Only on a pick-it line.
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
                        Did you catch that news item (?!) about the manager of one of the last Woolies branch to close, who managed (!) to grab the last bagful of pick-n-mix from his store, pay for it, resist the temptation to scoff the stuff, and finally flogged it last week on ebay. It raised £14,000 - or £70 per sweet.

PS My favourite type of 'Pic'n'Mix used to be that nutty fudge - until my brother told me the 'nuts' were actually the teeth of the people who worked in the sweet factory.

Comment

My brother told me the 'nuts' were actually the teeth of the people who worked in the sweet factory.
                          Good job that it was only their teeth and not their...(which tidily takes us back to matters sexual).

Comment

Back to ice creams then, and screwballs ?
                            A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
                            W.Churchill

Comment

Good job that it was only their teeth and not their...(which tidily takes us back to matters sexual).
                              It doesn't bear thinking about, does it.

However, when I worked in a residential care home (run by ultra-frugal nuns, I might add), one unlucky inmate was once served rice pudding containing the large and discoloured molar of another resident . This unfortunate person had slipped whilst wheeling in the dinner trolley, bashed her teeth againt the rice pudding 'trough', lost the molar into it, yet carried on manfully, hoping to avoid detection (in case she lost her job in the kitchens). It all came to light when one of the nuns in charge that lunchtime spotted the tooth - fished it out, interrogated the helper and established what had happened.

Sister Xavier then ordered all the residents to continue eating the rice pudding, as 'it looked alright' to her.

Comment

I have no incisive remarks, and I can't even buy cuspid.
                                But I do have many Deeds of InDenture.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X