Quatorze juillet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quatorze juillet

To celebrate Bastille Day (14 July, the thread title), LandlordZONE announces a world first.

It's the only medium- whether web, print, TV, or radio- on which Carla Bruni has NOT given an "exclusive" interview!
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Thats a shame, shes quite canny for an old bird!

Maybe we dont need an interview but a few pictures might not go amiss!
    My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Q: What's the difference between:
      i. Carla Bruni; and
      ii. the Eiffel Tower?

(answer below)

A: Not everyone in France has been up the Eiffel Tower.
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Q: What's the difference between:
        i. Carla Bruni; and
        ii. the Eiffel Tower?

(answer below)

A: Not everyone in France has been up the Eiffel Tower.
        Vive la Republique! Vous avez raison. But there is more than one person in the world who claims to be married to it. (Subject of bizarre recent documentary about object-sexualists). Another woman was in love with a church banister AND a fairground ride. Makes this forum look quite normal!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Vive la Republique! Vous avez raison. But there is more than one person in the world who claims to be married to it. (Subject of bizarre recent documentary about object-sexualists). Another woman was in love with a church banister AND a fairground ride. Makes this forum look quite normal!
          Who're you calling normal? Take that back!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unconscious humour from posters
            jta
            It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
            01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
          • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
            JK0
            Is your landlord a Vampire?...
            21-07-2017, 18:14 PM
          • Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
            Gordon999
            The Daily Mail Newspaper ( 19 July 2017 ) reported " the ice served by some leading fast food chains in their soft drinks is contaminated by faecal bacteria, it has been revealed "

The contamination is likely to have occurred because the ice or ice-making machines have been...
            20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
          • Reply to Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?
            jpkeates
            Freezing bacteria doesn't often kill them, cooking them has a better kill rate.
            Essentially, people need to wash their hands properly and they don't.

You're meant to wash them while you sing happy birthday twice (slowly) so you do it long enough.
            21-07-2017, 08:38 AM
            Gordon999
            And its also the same hands which handle the burgers etc.
            20-07-2017, 20:56 PM
            emwithme
            I worked in McDonalds and various pubs while doing my A Levels/taking my gap year.

I still eat in McDonalds (and drink in various pubs, although not the ones I worked in!).

I DO NOT have ice in drinks anywhere (except home, and I wash the ice trays frequently!) All I can...
            20-07-2017, 20:27 PM
          • Acid attack ?
            Gordon999
            Today's big news revealed 408 cases of acid attack and disfigurement of the face since Nov 2016.

Victims can be scarred for life and suffer huge loss of earning during the remainder of their life.

Any ideas on how to help the victims ? What is the proper punishment for...
            16-07-2017, 09:26 AM
          • Reply to Acid attack ?
            jpkeates
            I agree.

It doesn't require any change in the law to achieve that, though.
            Being scarred by acid is the same as being scarred with any weapon (if quicker).
            20-07-2017, 15:31 PM
          • Reply to Acid attack ?
            Gordon999
            If the victim suffers life time scarring , its fitting for the attacker to be given life time imprisonment.
            20-07-2017, 15:29 PM
          • Reply to Acid attack ?
            islandgirl
            I would have put it at GBH with intent which is worse....Corbyn would probably give them a pat on the back and tell them not to be naughty!
            19-07-2017, 13:53 PM
          Working...
          X