Fuel Shortage again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£1.999 for ultimate diesel today at BP. I think I know why they don't sell it in gallons any more. It would be £9.10 a gallon!
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

£2.15 today. £9.80 per gallon.
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Just add to the gloomy situation, I understand that gas is now being rationed in Germany so people can not heat their hot water all day.

Comment

Originally posted by banner257 View Post
          Just add to the gloomy situation, I understand that gas is now being rationed in Germany so people can not heat their hot water all day.
          Hmm. Sounds like they were silly enough to accept a smart meter then, doesn't it? I don't see how they could turn my house off.

Comment

It's not true, so it doesn't really matter 'how' they are doing it.

It is likely that they would try to cut off industrial supplies first, but Hamburg (where the story comes from) has a fairly substantial district heating and hot water supply, which seems to be what they are talking about.

“In an acute gas shortage, warm water could only be made available at certain times of the day in an emergency,” Kerstan told the “Welt am Sonntag”. A “general reduction of the maximum room temperature in the district heating network” could also be considered.

“In Hamburg, for technical reasons alone, it will not be possible everywhere to distinguish between commercial and private customers in the event of a gas shortage,” Kerstan continued. “However, if we don’t manage to save enough gas in the large companies, we could face delivery restrictions that may then affect individual parts of the city.”

Comment

I suppose this is one way of rationing gas. Make it so expensive, no-one will turn the heating on?
              The prediction comes as a plan is agreed to explore how to help households struggling to pay this winter.

Comment

France are predicting 3 euros per litre for petrol

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X