Women's Trouser Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Trouser Day

Evidently, today in 1923, the US attorney general ruled that it is legal for women to wear trousers whenever and whereever they want.

Was this a good decision?
    ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Originally posted by Paragon View Post
    Evidently, today in 1923, the US attorney general ruled that it is legal for women to wear trousers whenever and whereever they want.

Was this a good decision?
    1. Before 1923, did they have to wear them even if they didn't want to?
    2. Anyway, 1923's only just before peak-time TV viewing most evenings.
    3Q: Are trousers singular or plural?
    3A: Singular at the top, plural lower down.
    4. Good decision? It skirts the issue, does not a-dress it, and 'slacks moral fibre!
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

That's why women athletes can't catch their breath- it comes in short pants.
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        That's why women athletes can't catch their breath- it comes in short pants.
        Better and better.

Comment

It was Ogden Nash who wrote this:

Sure, deck your lower limbs in pants;
          Yours are the limbs, my sweeting.
          You look divine as you advance,
          But have you seen yourself retreating?

Comment

If this thread were sponsored by Corby, would they have a Press Day first?

Comment

Also see the Trousing Act 1988, creating the Assured Shorts Tenancy.

Comment

Very good. You are really having a go at this one.

Comment

Very good. You are really having a go at this one.
                  It's not fault, as I inherited the sense of humour- it's in the jeans. That's why I drive people Mendel.

Comment

Wot? You drive people to Mendel Ruffrè in Italy?

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                      Wot? You drive people to Mendel Ruffrè in Italy?
                      No, I stopped the taxi driving after Jodie Foster.

Comment

That's a bit Jodie Marsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                          That's a bit Jodie Marsh.
                          What sort of name is "Jodie" anyway, when it's at home?
                          "Jeudi" makes sense, today at least, but I think that "Jodie" is an anglicised version of Yoda. Do backwards like Germans speak they?

Comment

When he died, were they worn at half-mast?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                              What sort of name is "Jodie" anyway, when it's at home?
                              "Jeudi" makes sense, today at least, but I think that "Jodie" is an anglicised version of Yoda. Do backwards like Germans speak they?

Yoda say "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." I think from the Empire Strikes Back

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• I don't believe you
                                JK0
                                Recently a number of new members have seen fit to question the competence of those of us who have been here for years. Off the top of my head, I can think of these:

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?79492-Tenants-faulty-Carbon-Monoxide-alarm-called-emergency-services-...
                                17-05-2017, 12:23 PM
                              • Reply to I don't believe you
                                MrShed
                                Theres a few more come in today JK, the pest control thread and someone trolling someone asking about first impressions of a tenancy!

Everyone is an expert
                                26-07-2017, 13:06 PM
                              • Reply to I don't believe you
                                JK0
                                So glad I never responded to this thread....
                                26-07-2017, 11:24 AM
                              • Unconscious humour from posters
                                jta
                                It seems to me there is a lot of unconscious humour here, the latest one for me is...........

Of course I know what he means but his brain seems to be running faster than his typing

Can I suggest that we post them here when we spot them....
                                01-08-2012, 17:16 PM
                              • Reply to Unconscious humour from posters
                                JK0
                                The last paragraph tickled me. Flat would likely still be secure if mortice lock was engaged.

Anyone ever know a tenant to put the mortice lock on though? ...
                                25-07-2017, 19:25 PM
                              • Brexit.. The future ahead.
                                andybenw
                                Whether you voted remain, or leave. Leave won the day.

Whether mainly by racists/bigots or not. Leave won the day.

Some moot that leaving the EU may be thwarted by parliament. Theresa May is holding up EU citizens in UK as bargaining chips.

Rather than...
                                07-07-2016, 06:18 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit.. The future ahead.
                                serse
                                I cannot wait to see a day when UK will leave EU.
                                24-07-2017, 12:39 PM
                              • How long will she last?
                                mind the gap
                                Theresa May seems determined to hang on to power.

Your predictions are invited as to how long she can survive.

I give her until August/September, when she'll cynically call another election, thinking she can dent the student vote. (She's wrong).
                                18-06-2017, 20:42 PM
                              • Reply to How long will she last?
                                serse
                                It will be her last cadence, I think.
                                24-07-2017, 12:32 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit.. The future ahead.
                                JK0
                                If voting changed anything, it would be illegal.

23-07-2017, 08:00 AM
                              Working...
                              X