The US - a LL's wetdream with eviction in less than 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US - a LL's wetdream with eviction in less than 2 weeks

Been watching a documentary about poverty in the US and it's heart-wrenching.
    As much as i admire the philosophy of survival of the fittest, or the world doesn't owe you anything, bla bla bla, that country is devoid of humanity and morality.
    There are places (can't remember the name) where tenants get 5 days notice for an eviction and then evicted a week later by the sheriff, no ifs, no buts.
    One woman got evicted like this after 7 years in a property.
    Not that the UK model is any better as it swings to the other extreme, this time with LL as victims.

Begging is illegal there so if you are starving you might think of rummaging through the bins for scraps of food, but they've also made that illegal!
    The NHS here is a financial blackhole and deserves a lot of criticism but is still far, far better than the US model.

All in all, after watching this, I'm glad I don't live in the US. The richest country in the world and this is how it treats its citizens.
    While I believe we are way over-taxed here, if I were in the US, I wouldn't mind seeing some extra tax going specifically to help those people. Homeless people don't need to be given a palace to live in, just shared accommodation would be plenty.

Here's the docu, over 40 min of it if you're interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDkALRz5Rk

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X