Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmart
    replied
    My post contained no links and was not edited.

Thank you nukecad for the explanation; I guess it helps with quality control and I see the post I referred to was subsequently published.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Moderation filters can sometimes seem to act oddly.

But details of the filters/rules being used rules are something that no forum is going to tell you, that woud defeat the object by letting the bad guys know how to get around them.

PS. I'm a mod myself on a couple of other fora and so know just how much junk is kept from your view by the mod filters.
    It's not just the odd spam message like you find in your email, when it's heavy then without filters a forum can become almost unusable because you can't see the genuine posts for all the spam posts.
    I've known that on another forum when the filters stopped working for a week or so, the regular users quickly got fed up of wading through the dross. (and no one new was registering because it was full of spam).

So yes it can be a frustration if your post(s) happens to get caught, but it saves daily frustrations with spammers that can make a forum unusable.
    It's a small price we all have to pay, mainly because some idiots spam fora instead of paying for advertising.
    (It's got much worse in the last few years with the proliferation of dodgy SEO companies who charge other companies to 'raise their web profile', the customers don't realise that a lot of the time they are paying them to spam fora).

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    If a post contains a lot of links or is edited a number of times, it gets flagged as spam and needs to be approved to be seen.
    Its possible an update has made the rules more strict/different/broken.
    No edit on mine and no links. Do you think I've been naughty? I'm sure I haven't! 🤷‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If a post contains a lot of links or is edited a number of times, it gets flagged as spam and needs to be approved to be seen.
    Its possible an update has made the rules more strict/different/broken.

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    Originally posted by vmart View Post
    I responded to a post yesterday and for the first time it was not posted but pending approval. Today the post was not there. However, there was nothing in the post breaking forum rules. Why was the post removed?
    Yes, me too, also yesterday . . .

Leave a comment:

• vmart
    replied
    I responded to a post yesterday and for the first time it was not posted but pending approval. Today the post was not there. However, there was nothing in the post breaking forum rules. Why was the post removed?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Seems flagging ain't available any more either.
    It depends on the sub-forum you are in.

'Take-a-Break - for the less serious' has no flagging, but the more serious topics do.

Leave a comment:

• landlord-man
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Oh it was a few days ago. Not good.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    New term for law students?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    I've noticed more fake posters - posting scenario's of issues, not sure what purpose they are trying to achieve? Seems very strange - it's not as if they get paid.....or do they?
    I bet Soros is paying them somehow or other for furthering his leftist agenda.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    started a topic Is there becoming more fake posters?

Is there becoming more fake posters?

I've noticed more fake posters - posting scenario's of issues, not sure what purpose they are trying to achieve? Seems very strange - it's not as if they get paid.....or do they?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X