This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

You're a bit late to the discussion, aren't you buddy? I already posted above a BBC article that all but admits it's a falacy.

However, thanks for replying. You've provided another candidate for my ignore list.
    So...
    You dismissed "MSM" as a source that can be trusted when you thought jpkeates was posting information that you disagreed with after getting it from mainstream media - but the BBC (mainstream media) can be trusted, and are a better source of information than the peer-reviewed scientific studies published by the doctors and scientists who are the actual experts in the subject, when you think that they have said something that agrees with you?

That is a perfect illustration of 'cherry-picked confirmation bias'.

I'm not at all surprised that you have said that you'll put me on an "ignore list" - conspiracy theorists are never interested in truth and always try to ignore anything that might challenge what they want to believe.

Comment

You're a bit late to the discussion, aren't you buddy? I already posted above a BBC article that all but admits it's a falacy.
      I don't even need to dig deeper than the BBC article you linked to see just how dishonest you are being.

The first line of the linked article, which is the only one you quoted, does read:
      Dr Maria Van Kerkhove said on Monday it was "very rare" for asymptomatic people to pass the disease on."

However, this is followed by the following lines:
      "But she has now stressed this observation was based on a relatively small set of studies."

"Evidence suggests people with symptoms are most infectious, but the disease can be passed on before they develop."

"Although a proportion of people test positive with no symptoms, it is not known how many of these people go on to infect others."

"Dr Van Kerkhove said the evidence she had been discussing came from countries that had carried out "detailed contact tracing","

"Looking at investigations of clusters of infections from various countries, she said that where an asymptomatic case had been followed up it was "very rare" to find secondary infections among their contacts."

"But she it was still a "big open question" as to whether the same was true globally."

So, rather than "all but admit[ing] it's a fallacy" we have a doctor who has made an observation and then effectively retracted the only line that you choose to quote.

Of course, this assumes that any part of the BBC article can be trusted as having been reported accurately...

Comment

I don't see that either of your examples disagrees from what I've quoted. Have you ever heard of a disease you can spread to others, where you don't have symptoms yourself, until Covid came along?
        There's loads! All of these nasty b@stards can be asymptomatic:

Herpes.
        HPV: flat warts, genital warts, plantar warts, anal warts, etc..
        Hepatitis.
        Thrush.
        Syphilis.

And the jury is out on HIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Cow View Post

There's loads! All of these nasty b@stards can be asymptomatic:

Herpes.
          HPV: flat warts, genital warts, plantar warts, anal warts, etc..
          Hepatitis.
          Thrush.
          Syphilis.

And the jury is out on HIV.

Because everyone has casual sex with people you pass in the supermarket?

Another for my ignore list.
          To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Another for my ignore list.
            Your question asked if there was a disease before covid-19 that was asymptomatic. I answered, giving you 6 examples: you can have any of those diseases, show no symptoms, yet still infect others. Its obvious you're in your own little echo chamber but quite why your response was so childish is beyond me.
            Oh... another one: typhoid. Google 'Typhoid Mary'.

Comment

People who have casual sex should wear condoms so that they don't catch anything that their partner has and don't pass on anything that they have.

Masks have a similar function.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

covid-mask-bad2.jpg

BREAKING NEWS ( note to moderators, these are FACTS )

Comment

The pesky MSM don't agree with your "facts".

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/f...hs/6061925002/

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...l-media-claim/

Masks are not mentioned at all, whether as a source for bacterial pneumonia or otherwise. Fauci and his co-authors explain that primary infection influenza could have made it easier for bacterial pneumonia to thrive and kill patients since the virus would have wrecked the body's physical and immune defenses, an observation shared amongst the scientific body.
                  When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                  Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                    Well they would not, would they.

O.K. I "may" stand corrected.

But the tests were done, and results published. and recently in U.K. masks were found to contribute to the illness

Comment

Thanks for the decent response, appreciated!

I've spent the last few weeks visiting my wife in hospital.
                      All of the staff wear masks all of the time.

There's no way that I can see that wearing a mask can contribute to any detriment to health.
                      Obviously my views there are personal, I don't have any evidence to back them up that isn't my own observation.

I'd be interested in any credible research that showed that wearing a mask was worse than not wearing one during a pandemic of a virus transmitted by aerosol and droplets.

Last winter, the combination of masks, washing hands and social distancing effectively wiped out flu for the season (along with norovirus, embarrassingly).

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
                        BREAKING NEWS ( note to moderators, these are FACTS )
                        Are the contents of your post really facts?

If the article that you posted an image of was genuinely highlighting facts I would expect them to have cited the paper refer to.
                        I suspect that the article didn't actualy cite the paper because I believe that they invented the claim about masks being the cause of the bacterial pneumonia.

Perhaps you can prove me wrong by posting a citation to the paper that was allegedly co-authored by Dr Faucci and states that bacterial pneumonia in patients with Spanish Flu was caused by the wearing of masks?
                        I've read the only two papers co-authored by Dr Faucci that are, at least in part, about Spanish Flu, and were published in 2008, and neither even mentions masks (one of these was specifically about the role of bacterial pneumonia in deaths during the Spanish Flu pandemic).
                        Other papers Dr Faucci co-authored about Spanish Flu, published in 2007 & 2009, also make no mention of masks.

Well they would not, would they.

O.K. I "may" stand corrected.

But the tests were done, and results published. and recently in U.K. masks were found to contribute to the illness
                        Again: Citation needed.

What tests were done? What results were published? In what way were masks found to contribute to "the illness"?

If you are claiming something to be factual you should always be able to support that by linking to a verifiable source.
                        If "tests were done" and "results were published" you should be able to provide (at least) the name of the published paper.
                        If you don't know where the results that allegedly support the conclusion claimed were published, you don't know that the claim is true.

Comment

Here is One of your MSM facts that I have been suggesting for 18 months.
                          Telegraph uploaded this today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-covid-spread/

covid-mask-bad3.jpg

Comment

Here is One of your MSM facts that I have been suggesting for 18 months.
                            Telegraph uploaded this today.
                            Thanks!

I don't have any way of reading more than the headline (not a Telegraph reader), but a quick google makes it look like he's actually arguing for better masks, not fewer masks?

Comment

Thanks! a quick google makes it look like he's actually arguing for better masks, not fewer masks?
                              A logical conclusion is ............ a better mask restricts even MORE air from reaching the lungs.

Thaks for your Thanks

Comment

P.S. to above.

NOT made by me

covid-belt1.jpg

covid-belt2.jpg

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X