This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Hmm. Plus those figures presumably include those who went to hospital with something else, and were pcr tested to 'have covid' while they were there?
    Well, you are not allowed on here to state provable facts,
    ALL my facts have been removed, the same as others are doing, facebook, twitter etc are banning anything that disagrees with the Govenments agenda, and is against those websites agenda.
    Even the British Government had Mark Zuckerberg, Chief Executive Officer of Facebook, come over to England, telling him what he could or could not have on his facebook site.
    I wont include the confirmation video, as it will be taken down.

Mark Zuckerberg lives in a 5,000-square-foot estate in Palo Alto, California. He purchased the Crescent Park neighborhood home in May 2011 for $7 million

You cannot find the truth on most MSM ( main stream media ) - they suppress it.

Comment

I believe it's been confirmed (in America at least on the quiet) that covid doesn't spread asymptomatically. Therefore no more of a problem than flu.
      Covid definitely spreads asymptomatically - most people who get covid19 have no symptoms full stop.

If it didn't that would be a huge game-changer, no one would keep that quiet!
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        Covid definitely spreads asymptomatically
        But presumably you read that on the MSM somewhere, or was it one of your 'fact checkers' ?
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Sorry to hear that JPK. I'd noticed you've not been your usual detached self about the subject.

I don't know enough about the variants to make comment.

I do think though that the British people, by and large, will continue to take sensible precautions irrespective of it being the law (notwithstanding the blatant disregard we will see at tonight's match).

Comment

But presumably you read that on the MSM somewhere, or was it one of your 'fact checkers'
            Yes - the Mainstream Media is where I get most of my information.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I believe it's been confirmed (in America at least on the quiet) that covid doesn't spread asymptomatically. Therefore no more of a problem than flu.
              I don't buy that.

I've a relative who's a nurse who caught it, tested positive and had the tiniest of symptoms that she would otherwise have dismissed as a slight hangover.

My close plumber friend (hard as nails, never a day off work in his life) was laid up badly with it for weeks. His son also had it, presumably the same strain, and had no symptoms whatsoever.

These are people I've known and trusted for years, not some internet conspiracy theorist from America.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

I don't buy that.

I've a relative who's a nurse who caught it, tested positive and had the tiniest of symptoms that she would otherwise have dismissed as a slight hangover.

My close plumber friend (hard as nails, never a day off work in his life) was laid up badly with it for weeks. His son also had it, presumably the same strain, and had no symptoms whatsoever.

These are people I've known and trusted for years, not some internet conspiracy theorist from America.
                I don't see that either of your examples disagrees from what I've quoted. Have you ever heard of a disease you can spread to others, where you don't have symptoms yourself, until Covid came along?
                To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Have you ever heard of a disease you can spread to others, where you don't have symptoms yourself, until Covid came along?
                  I'd heard of Cholera being asymptomatic many years before I'd heard of Covid. Maybe it was as a child reading pirate stories or maybe it was as an adult visiting high risk Cholera countries. I can't quite remember when I first heard of it.

But it definitely wasn't from believing daft conspiracy theories on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

I'd heard of Cholera being asymptomatic many years before I'd heard of Covid. Maybe it was as a child reading pirate stories or maybe it was as an adult visiting high risk Cholera countries. I can't quite remember when I first heard of it.

But it definitely wasn't from believing daft conspiracy theories on the internet.
                    Keep being rude. Took you nearly 3 hours to google that up! You & JPK are back on my ignore list now.

There's a difference between something being endemic in a country, and only afflicts visitors, and what I asked about.

Comment

Look what I found on the MSM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52977940

Dr Maria Van Kerkhove said on Monday it was "very rare" for asymptomatic people to pass the disease on.

Comment

When the Biden / Boris Administration Knocks On Your Door

Only 11 seconds of Biden at the start, so no time to be discusted.

Watch video as Comedy or the truth, which ever way you swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29PCOFXSKc

Comment

Have you ever heard of a disease you can spread to others, where you don't have symptoms yourself, until Covid came along?
                          Yes, HIV is often asymptomatic.
                          So are TB and Chlamydia.
                          Which I knew about pre-covid, so asymptomatic infection wasn't any surprise.

And with a quick google, measles, herpes and smallpox can be.
                          Which I didn't know.

Comment

But presumably you read that on the MSM somewhere, or was it one of your 'fact checkers' ?
                            The mainstream media, while far from perfect, is a much better source of information than the conspiracy theorist sites and YouTube channels that you like to use to 'confirm' your beliefs.
                            A much better source of information, however, is the numerous papers that have been published in the peer-reviewed medical journals during the last year, which include numerous studies looking at the spread of Covid-19 via transmission from asymptomatic carriers.

The same journals contain numerous papers detailing asymptomatic spread of numerous different diseases from asymptomatic patients (including viruses, bacterial infections and parasitic infections), including numerous papers published in 2018 and earlier, so prior to Covd-19 being identified.

The majority of these papers, particularly those about Covid-19 can be accessed online for free (no paywall).

Comment

Originally posted by Macromia View Post

The mainstream media, while far from perfect, is a much better source of information than the conspiracy theorist sites and YouTube channels that you like to use to 'confirm' your beliefs.
                              A much better source of information, however, is the numerous papers that have been published in the peer-reviewed medical journals during the last year, which include numerous studies looking at the spread of Covid-19 via transmission from asymptomatic carriers.

The same journals contain numerous papers detailing asymptomatic spread of numerous different diseases from asymptomatic patients (including viruses, bacterial infections and parasitic infections), including numerous papers published in 2018 and earlier, so prior to Covd-19 being identified.

The majority of these papers, particularly those about Covid-19 can be accessed online for free (no paywall).
                              You're a bit late to the discussion, aren't you buddy? I already posted above a BBC article that all but admits it's a falacy.

However, thanks for replying. You've provided another candidate for my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
                                Well, you are not allowed on here to state provable facts,
                                ALL my facts have been removed, the same as others are doing, facebook, twitter etc are banning anything that disagrees with the Govenments agenda, and is against those websites agenda.
                                The problem with the "provable facts" that you have previously posted is that, even if we treat them all as if they are undeniable facts, they were carefully 'cherry-picked' to act as propaganda rather than to inform people about what is actually true.

I think it's a shame that your figures implying that pneumonia is more of a risk to people in the UK than Covid-19 were deleted because they were a truly laughable attempt to give a false impression of the relative risks.
                                Firstly, as I previously implied, the chance of actually dying from any particular illness is affected not just by how likely it is to be fatal if you catch it (which was the only 'fact' that you chose to push), the likelihood of actually catching the illness in the first place is extremely significant - making people in the UK 10x more likely to die from Covid than pneumonia last year even with lockdowns and mask mandates.
                                In addition, there are various types of pneumonia which is an illness that will often be a secondary problem for people who are already weakened by a primary infection or condition - so Covid-19 can increase the likelihood of people catching pneumonia.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X