• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    LOL.

I think I'll stick to my mask, thanks.
    I'm currently isolating having had contact with someone who tested positive later that day (my wife is immune suppressed).
    I was distanced and outside, but not wearing a mask (that'll teach me!).
    Hopefully, my test will come back negative.
    In that case, of course wear a mask.

I have been in contact, but kept my distance with a few people who have come in contact with an infected person.
    I have come into contact with a man ( but kept my distance ) with someone who died, apparently from Covid, 7 weeks later.
    I do know that he had various operations, and was not at all fit, but continued working - as no work = no pay.
    I know 8 people who had it, ( and to quote Jeremy Clarkson ) They read a book till it went away.
    Yes distressing, and debilitating when you catch it, and I got pneumonia, ( which is also a killer - with underlying bad conditions, and even with no underlying conditions )

Lost my Mum to pneumonia.
    Lost my Girlfriend to pneumonia

But we did not wear masks for the deadly pneumonia.and between 1 January and 31 August 2020 (
    ons.gov.uk )
    Influenza and pneumonia was mentioned on more death certificates than COVID-19

Keep safe..

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    LOL.

I think I'll stick to my mask, thanks.

I'm currently isolating having had contact with someone who tested positive later that day (my wife is immune suppressed).
    I was distanced and outside, but not wearing a mask (that'll teach me!).
    Hopefully, my test will come back negative.

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    P.S. to above.

NOT made by me

covid-belt1.jpg

covid-belt2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    Thanks! a quick google makes it look like he's actually arguing for better masks, not fewer masks?
    A logical conclusion is ............ a better mask restricts even MORE air from reaching the lungs.

Thaks for your Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by ram View Post
    Here is One of your MSM facts that I have been suggesting for 18 months.
    Telegraph uploaded this today.
    Thanks!

I don't have any way of reading more than the headline (not a Telegraph reader), but a quick google makes it look like he's actually arguing for better masks, not fewer masks?

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    The pesky MSM don't agree with your "facts".
    Here is One of your MSM facts that I have been suggesting for 18 months.
    Telegraph uploaded this today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-covid-spread/

covid-mask-bad3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Macromia
    replied
    BREAKING NEWS ( note to moderators, these are FACTS )
    Are the contents of your post really facts?

If the article that you posted an image of was genuinely highlighting facts I would expect them to have cited the paper refer to.
    I suspect that the article didn't actualy cite the paper because I believe that they invented the claim about masks being the cause of the bacterial pneumonia.

Perhaps you can prove me wrong by posting a citation to the paper that was allegedly co-authored by Dr Faucci and states that bacterial pneumonia in patients with Spanish Flu was caused by the wearing of masks?
    I've read the only two papers co-authored by Dr Faucci that are, at least in part, about Spanish Flu, and were published in 2008, and neither even mentions masks (one of these was specifically about the role of bacterial pneumonia in deaths during the Spanish Flu pandemic).
    Other papers Dr Faucci co-authored about Spanish Flu, published in 2007 & 2009, also make no mention of masks.

Well they would not, would they.

O.K. I "may" stand corrected.

But the tests were done, and results published. and recently in U.K. masks were found to contribute to the illness
    Again: Citation needed.

What tests were done? What results were published? In what way were masks found to contribute to "the illness"?

If you are claiming something to be factual you should always be able to support that by linking to a verifiable source.
    If "tests were done" and "results were published" you should be able to provide (at least) the name of the published paper.
    If you don't know where the results that allegedly support the conclusion claimed were published, you don't know that the claim is true.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Thanks for the decent response, appreciated!

I've spent the last few weeks visiting my wife in hospital.
    All of the staff wear masks all of the time.

There's no way that I can see that wearing a mask can contribute to any detriment to health.
    Obviously my views there are personal, I don't have any evidence to back them up that isn't my own observation.

I'd be interested in any credible research that showed that wearing a mask was worse than not wearing one during a pandemic of a virus transmitted by aerosol and droplets.

Last winter, the combination of masks, washing hands and social distancing effectively wiped out flu for the season (along with norovirus, embarrassingly).

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    Well they would not, would they.

O.K. I "may" stand corrected.

But the tests were done, and results published. and recently in U.K. masks were found to contribute to the illness

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/f...hs/6061925002/

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...l-media-claim/

Masks are not mentioned at all, whether as a source for bacterial pneumonia or otherwise. Fauci and his co-authors explain that primary infection influenza could have made it easier for bacterial pneumonia to thrive and kill patients since the virus would have wrecked the body's physical and immune defenses, an observation shared amongst the scientific body.

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    covid-mask-bad2.jpg

BREAKING NEWS ( note to moderators, these are FACTS )

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Because everyone has casual sex with people you pass in the supermarket?
    People who have casual sex should wear condoms so that they don't catch anything that their partner has and don't pass on anything that they have.

Masks have a similar function.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Cow
    replied

Another for my ignore list.
    Your question asked if there was a disease before covid-19 that was asymptomatic. I answered, giving you 6 examples: you can have any of those diseases, show no symptoms, yet still infect others. Its obvious you're in your own little echo chamber but quite why your response was so childish is beyond me.
    Oh... another one: typhoid. Google 'Typhoid Mary'.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Originally posted by Holy Cow View Post

There's loads! All of these nasty b@stards can be asymptomatic:

Herpes.
    HPV: flat warts, genital warts, plantar warts, anal warts, etc..
    Hepatitis.
    Thrush.
    Syphilis.

And the jury is out on HIV.

Another for my ignore list.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Cow
    replied
    I don't see that either of your examples disagrees from what I've quoted. Have you ever heard of a disease you can spread to others, where you don't have symptoms yourself, until Covid came along?
    There's loads! All of these nasty b@stards can be asymptomatic:

Herpes.
    HPV: flat warts, genital warts, plantar warts, anal warts, etc..
    Hepatitis.
    Thrush.
    Syphilis.

And the jury is out on HIV.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X