The Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Reset

I notice that the previous thread on this subject has been deleted, as TPTB objected to the 'C***d Conspiracy Theory' part of its scope. Therefore I will try to restrict my comments to The Great Reset, which I hope is not off limits to discuss.

Did you see this article today regarding UBI trials in Wales?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57120354

This struck a chord with me, because it is exactly what was predicted last October to happen in 'mid Q2 2021'. Today being 15th of May, it's bang on schedule.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

The article about Wales doesn't say where the pilot area is going to be or how large a population is to be trialled. There'll have to be a careful break down of how much a person is expected to spend on things they need; rent, utilities, food, clothing etc. and that would make an interesting read. If everyone is given a UBI of, say £1k per month where will the extra money coming from within the trial area? I've read a few articles about this and none of them says anything about the support of children.

I'm sure there are thousand of people who have made predictions and Becky BigCanoe's prediction is just one of them and that one happens to fit in with what's actually happened. It could, of course, just be a fake, and I'm not trawling through Becky BigCanoe's facebook posts to check it's there way back in October.

Comment

To be honest, the UK benefit net is so threadbare, I don't know how people survive.

I think is it is a great idea and my understanding is that it is actually helping people to move into the employment.

However, what will come out of it is to be seen.

Comment

If money gets put into the hands of the people lower down the ladder, they will spend it. It will used for purchases in shops which increases the VAT intake, etc. This goes partially to paying for the scheme in the first place. There is plenty of research to show that money given to people at the bottom does more good for the economy than to the people at the top. People at the top will put their money into shares, bonds, funds, property, etc and that money does nothing for the economy.

So why would this scheme be beneficial?

We often talk about how a person should better themselves. Improve, try new things, take a risk, etc. A lot of people out there cannot take that risk. They cannot risk losing their source of income as to do so would lead to all manner of bad effects. So they stick with the job they are in because it pays the bills. Their only hope being promotion within their own organisation.

If you give a person the ability to survive without any requirements to do so, suddenly they can take a risk. Maybe they will start that company with the great idea they always thought about. They can ditch the job with the manager they hate and find something else without being scared about not eating. They can write a book, they can do charity work, become a youtube star, whatever.... UBI gives them opportunity.

We as humans naturally want to improve ourselves. Given the chance to do so people will indeed help out others and improve themselves. We will better ourselves.

So why don't we have this?

Because we are scared that some people might take advantage and do nothing. Which is right, they won't. But this is the case across the entire social spectrum. We should not be scared to take these bold steps because a few people are a******s.

Oh yeah... And "COMMUNISM!!!".

Comment

Interesting interview with Michel Chusidovsky.
          ⁣The World Economic Forum has big plans for all of us, but not good ones
          To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

When he says he has mental health problems I wouldn't disagree.

Comment

Why did they delete the previous thread? Anyway, gov said yesterday that vaccines will be compulsory for care home staff, it'll be nhs today (waiting on announcement from school boy bobo) and patients tomorrow - no vaccine, no treatment on the nhs. My prediction.

Comment

This is not a vaccine thread - we all have our own views. As for the subject at hand, UBI is communism - discuss
                Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by jessa46 View Post
                  Why did they delete the previous thread? Anyway, gov said yesterday that vaccines will be compulsory for care home staff, it'll be nhs today (waiting on announcement from school boy bobo) and patients tomorrow - no vaccine, no treatment on the nhs. My prediction.
                  Someone commenting on BNT surmised that they want to drive the care homes bankrupt with all the sacked employees suing them. Then the big corporations will be able to buy them up for buttons. (More Great Reset agenda.)

I believe it's the same idea with landlords' properties.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-57532368
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Of course, the publicly funded BBC would never lie to us.

You never answered my question in the other thread JPK. Why are all the world leaders using the WEF slogan 'Build Back Better' if it's all a conspiracy theory? I'm sure you saw the video I posted. Or are you one of the elite lying to us?

Comment

If there was a giant, evil, conspiracy going on, do you think they would accidentally let it out by all using the same slogan?

That makes almost as much sense as care homes being sued en-masse for complying with a statutory requirement. But, I'm sure people can explain that if they want to believe it hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                          Why are all the world leaders using the WEF slogan 'Build Back Better' if it's all a conspiracy theory?
                          This is a perfect example of what conspiracy theorists always tend to do - they build their conspiracies on to things that have a factual basis and then point to the factual part and claim it as evidence that their conspiracy theories are true.

Yes, "world leaders" are saying that we should aim to 'build something better' when rebuilding world economies, but they are not saying that we should take everything from the rich and share it out between the poor (or whatever other version of the conspiracy theorist rubbish it is that you want to believe - I really can't be bothered to check the links).

Politicians always saw that they intend to improve things for the population - it's what their job description requires, even though they more often than not they instead do what best suits them and their mates/donors.

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                          As for the subject at hand, UBI is communism - discuss
                          Of course it isn't, communism and a decent social safety net are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Macromia View Post

Yes, "world leaders" are saying that we should aim to 'build something better'
                            Then why does Boris seem to have had a politically correct damascene conversion since he was re-elected? Did you not see his speech at the G7? It was cringe making.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                              Or are you one of the elite lying to us?
                              If I was I'd probably deny it, anyway.
                              But I'm not particularly "elite".

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X